CAN ANYBODY HELP? Convenia antibiotic after tooth extraction - chronic diarrhoea

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Scatty
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

CAN ANYBODY HELP? Convenia antibiotic after tooth extraction - chronic diarrhoea

Post by Scatty »

About eight months ago one of my cats had eight teeth extracted. 2 1/2 weeks later the vet deemed it necessary to give her a Convenia antibiotic injection because of a mild infection in one of her cavities. A few days after that she developed chronic diarrhoea. This has now been going on for over eight months. I am absolutely at my wits end as to what to do to help her. I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds at the vets trying to rectify this. She has had a limited specialty diet, B12 and steroid injections, probiotics, pro-kolin, B12 tablets and I have even tried putting linseeds in her food. The list is endless. She’s had combinations of these for the last eight months. She still has chronic diarrhoea.

Does anybody have any experience of this? At the moment she’s having FortiFlora and pro-Kolin in her food with limited results.

After reading up on Convenia antibiotics ......... I am absolutely horrified as to the bad press it has. If only I had known this before they gave her the injection

Thank you for your help
Scatty xx