Newly Diagnosed late stage FIV 9year old CAT

Exchange FIV advice and information here.
Cricket
New Cat Chatter

Newly Diagnosed late stage FIV 9year old CAT

Post by Cricket »

My sweet rag doll became very ill a few weeks ago. We have had her since she was a kitten and she has been an indoor only cat her whole life. She has always had goopy eyes but I always clean them and she has been fine. Well she got an URI a few weeks ago and I took her to the vet. They ran blood work and diagnosed her late stage FIV. She got a bit better once we got rid of the URI but she seems very weak, throws up white foam and has lost an excessive amount of weight. I feel so bad for her and don’t want her suffering but I don’t get very clear answers from my vet. What to expect? What to do? We tried 2 different immune support and it gives her diarrhea. I’m at a loss help!!!
Mandycike76
New Cat Chatter

Re: Newly Diagnosed late stage FIV 9year old CAT

Post by Mandycike76 »

My boy just recently got diagnosed with Late fiv and is in his final stage I have had him since he was a baby he had injured his tail jumping and landing wrong took him to the vet because he was not lifting his tail and seemed to be in alot of pain at first they had said his L6 and L7 was showing some narrowing and he had some arthritis in his hip as a few days went by I didn't see any changes so we took him back and they did some blood work because his lymph nodes was swollen they did an x-ray again and found he is extremely constipated and has a mass in his colan he is still not pooping and is very uncomfortable I give him a laxative and started adding pumpkin to his diet the doctors said he could pass any minute but at least up till 2 months he is my best friend and I love him so much I recently lost my mother leaving me alone and now fixing to lose my baby boy he is only 6 years old way to young to be going through all this I am at a loss of words I'm sorry if this is off target and I really needed to get this off my chest thank you for listening