FIV+ - Looking to rehome.

Exchange FIV advice and information here.
WiltsDorset
New Cat Chatter

FIV+ - Looking to rehome.

Post by WiltsDorset »

Hello everyone….
My name is Rachel and I have the absolute privilege of being mum to a gorgeous FIV+ 6 yr old ginger boy called George.
George first arrived on our doorstep as a stray about 4 yrs ago and took a long long time to trust us.
Fast forward to this year and after being neutered,vaccinated,microchipped and insured he joined our family.
Sadly whilst at the vets he needed an extraction and it was discovered that George was FIV+.
We already have cats and have had a cat proof garden for nearly 20yrs.
This news meant that introducing George to our other cats wasn’t an option as(although) he is a friendly little boy…he had been used to being somewhat territorial.
George now has a wonderful catio within our cat proofed garden and has two playtime’s out twice a day which we rotate with our other cats.
My question is…would you recommend or do you know of an FIV+ cat/kitten that is in need of a home or has been overlooked because of their FIV+ status that has a nature suitable to introducing to George.
He has plenty of company seeing our other cats but not any close contact company.
Many thanks
Rachel