Pink stool

Exchange FIV advice and information here.
Jessicamayo
New Cat Chatter

Pink stool

Post by Jessicamayo »

I found 2 kittens in a yard a few days ago the people told me to take them so I did. 1 of the kittens stool is pink and it's everywhere and doesn't really eat but does drink to young to see the gender of them but I'm no pro when it comes to kittens. The other kittens is now in another room because she/He is I'm guessing healther now then the other one. Idk what to do i want to help these babies but idk if it's to late this kitten does nothing but sleep can't really open her/his eyes. Did play every once in a while but now does nothing
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Pink stool

Post by fjm »

This sounds like Feline Infectious Enteritis, also known as Feline Parvovirus, in which case it is very likely that the other kitten will also get it. Even with vet care the prognosis is not very good, I'm afraid. Dehydration is the biggest danger, plus malnutrition, and a very young kitten will not be able to maintain its temperature, so provide a hot water bottle or other source of warmth. Dribbling fluids from a syringe may help to keep it hydrated, and there are high calorie pastes like Nutrical that may help.