Beautiful Isis – time running out

FIV Cats Needing Homes & Homes Offered
Zooey
New Cat Chatter

Beautiful Isis – time running out

Post by Zooey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:16 pm

First of all I had better introduce myself. I live in East Sussex with my husband and over 30 animals, including 9 cats. Two of those were kittens rescued from Romania, the first before Christmas 2012 and the second just before Christmas last year. In my time I have home checked for various rescue centres, including Cats Protection, but I have been seriously impressed by the work of the rescuers in Romania. Animals are subjected to the most horrendous cruelty – our own Bubu was stamped on as a tiny kitten. He was rescued, operated on to repair a ruptured diaphragm and his liver was stuck to his heart. He didn’t breathe on his own for four hours, but they didn’t give up on him. Since then I have supported one rescue in particular and they have asked if I can help to find an urgent home for Isis.

In her carer’s own words “Isis was a street kitty and she came to us pregnant. She is 4-5 years old and she just loves people and to be cuddled! She is spayed and vaccinated but sadly she is FIV positive but in very good shape. I really want a forever home for Isis as most of the time Isis lives in a cage now, isolated. Please, if you want a single pet or if you have experience with FIV cats, give her a chance! She accepts other cats but she doesn't like to be disturbed. She is quiet, calm, loves to sleep and eat. She would be a wonderful companion”.

Sadly the vet who allows the rescues to live in cages in a small room at the back of the surgery doesn’t appear to be as well informed as owners in our country. I understand she wants Isis removed ASAP and there are no potential adopters in Romania. I can’t speak highly enough of the service the rescuers provide. They will do all the paperwork for you and arrange transport. We were kept up to date during the journey by text messages in near perfect English. Having gone through this twice now I can only say we collected our kitties who had been well cared for and they settled in at home in no time. I’m not entirely sure of cost as we went through two different rescues, but from memory I paid about £140 for Bubu, vaccinations, passport and transport included. Both our Romanian kitties had so much love given out there that they are some of the most affectionate cats we have ever had.

Clearly there is no other option for Isis. If I can’t help find a home soon, there are no pet charities and frankly, it isn’t even safe for dogs in kennels. Only two weeks ago dog catchers broke in to one with the help of local police, battered 30 dogs to death and took another 90. They get paid by the government per dog, you see. Can anyone offer Isis a safe forever home before her time runs out?
Isis.jpg
(56.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Beautiful Isis – time running out

Post by Baggypants » Fri May 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Zooey
What a horrible horrible story :( :(
If I didn't already have three cats I would offer to help.
Can I suggest you cross post this on the main re-homing page so more people see it? And basically share it as far & wide as possible so you can get Isis somewhere safe. Fingers crossed...

moira
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 16

Re: Beautiful Isis – time running out

Post by moira » Thu May 22, 2014 11:51 am

Is this sorted? I read on her FB page that she was offered a place at rescue in Bulgaria.