My new kittens :)

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
faerieevenstar
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

My new kittens :)

Post by faerieevenstar »

Ok, so previously I only started posting here when my cat Lila got squamous cell carcinoma at the beginning of this year... and that didn't have a happy ending :'( You guys were great on here and helped me a lot, and I promised I would come out into the rest of the forum once I got more cats! Well, I've actually had these kittens nearly three weeks now, but it's been a bit crazy!

I adopted two little mogs from Cramar Cat Sanctuary in Birmingham. They're from two different litters, but were in the pen together, and we saw them playing together and grooming each other. Gypsy is female and all black, and Momo is tabby and white and male, and probably about a week older than her (roughly!)

I'm not sure if I can work putting in pictures here, but I'll try!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/ ... wsp27g.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is two weeks ago,
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/ ... bjqzlp.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then the same spot yesterday!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/ ... jb2p0m.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(images all said "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." No idea why...)

The first week, I surprised myself, after being so excited about their arrival, I had something of a break down. Grief over Lila came back in abundance, I was anxious as hell, and I was almost angry with the little babies for being in my space, being "naughty" and for not being Lila... I almost got rid of them I was so upset, and I would never ever dream of doing that in my sane mind. I was a mess for a week, then, thankfully, I was able to be me again, and I adore them. I feel so bad that I was angry with them for a bit, but it was almost like post natal depression or something. :(

Anyway, apart from occasional anxiety because I'm scared they will die like Lila, or they're going to kill themselves with their stupid antics, I'm ok. They're kittens! I feel I may have forgotten just how crazy kittens can be!! They are so sweet though, I couldn't ask for more well balanced kittens.

I feel like they are eating SO MUCH right now, but seeing what a growth spurt Momo has had, it makes sense! Momo was neutered at the Sanctuary, but Gypsy is due to be done within the next month. I'm quite worried because they love to wrestle, and I'm not sure how to protect her stitches when she gets back other than separating them, and they love each other so much, I know it's going to be hell on all of us. Any advice on that front?
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: My new kittens :)

Post by bobbys girl »

That is a lovely bit of news. Seems like that window sill is going to be a favourite spot.

All good wishes for you new family.

Sue x
faerieevenstar
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by faerieevenstar »

Ahh that window sill is by the bed :) That#s why they love it! We shut them out at night right now because they're too rambunctious, but the second I let them in in the morning, they fuss all over me for cuddles and then head to the window, so hopefully I can keep getting growth shots of them there to compare :)
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Awww, they're absolutely gorgeous. :) Congratulations on your new little family.

It's strange but I can understand the crying for your Lila still. My Oscar died just over 3 years ago and I've had Dave (my avatar on the left) for just over a year. But only the other night I cried about Oscar even though I dearly love Dave. I guess they never truly leave you.

Best wishes to you,

Grace xx
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Aww, congrats! Little loves!

Yes, grief does return, and feelings of anger and resentment are normal; I can well understand how you felt. They can't possibly replace Lila but they'll have their own place.

Blimey you'll have your hands full now! x
faerieevenstar
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by faerieevenstar »

Thank you all! Any advice on post spay care for Gypsy when she goes? I don't know how we'll cope as they hate to be apart, but they love to wrestle, and I don't want Momo to burst her stitches.. :/
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I think it's lovely that you felt able to open your heart and your home to a couple of rescue kittens after losing Lila, and what a gorgeous pair they are! :)

I'm afraid I have little experience of youngsters so can't be of much help, but I'm sure somr of the others will be able to help. xx