Good Bye and I Hope to See You All Again Elsewhere

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Good Bye and I Hope to See You All Again Elsewhere

Post by Ruth B »

I guess the end is almost upon us, so I'll make my Farewells now.

I'm going to be over on the Purrs in our Hearts Forum still as Ruth B, but I think it is time for a new avatar picture now that Tiggy is no longer with us, hopefully I will see some of you again over there.

This forum has always been a wonderful place to hang out, people are always understanding, you helped me through the hard times when Tiggy was ill and we weren't sure what to do for the best, as well as being there at the end. Let us hope that Purrs in our Hearts will be as welcoming and understanding to us all. After all we will all be arriving while in a small state of grief for the loss of this forum.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Good Bye and I Hope to See You All Again Elsewhere

Post by Mollycat »

Beautiful sentiments Ruth, a small state of grief indeed. The end of an era. I shall feel very sad removing CC from my start-up tabs.

Thank you all for your help with Boo and Moggin (Bobby and Molly) and Ruth for our lovely T-shirts, fjm and others for sharing food samples for fussy cats with conditions to be managed.

I shan't be signing up anywhere else for the time being, a lot of changes back home in Real make this a good time to lift my nose out of the laptop. Molly has a new habit of glaring at me when I pick it up and she's right (as always). But no doubt when my next big issue crops up I will come looking.

Molly leaves CC with a hot tip for administering Metacam - mix with equal (tiny-tiny) parts mayonnaise for the most delicious daily painkilling treat. It may work for other medicines too.

Thanks to the moderators and admin for providing us with this platform for so long.

Best wishes all.

Over and out.
YogiBoy
Site Admin
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by YogiBoy »

Thanks so much Ruth and Mollycat for your lovely words. There is sadness this end too, after so many years of having a forum it will seem very strange not to have it around.

Thanks also to Molly for the hot tip for administering Metacam, we've not heard about that before, but it sounds like a good plan!

I'm certain that our friends at Purrs in our Hearts will be only to pleased to welcome Cat Chatters. It's lovely to see that Purrs still display the Cat Chat & Purrs in our Hearts "Paws in Friendship for Needy Cats" image at the bottom of all their pages, after all these years!

We also would like to clarify in case of any doubt, it is only our Forum which is changing (to read-only). The main Cat Chat website and its services are continuing as normal. In fact, we have big plans for Cat Chat next year, with the development of a new improved Cats Needing Homes facility for Rescues to feature their cats, with better, more advanced Cat Homing Pages. So in 2023 and beyond we are aiming to help many more cats find their forever homes than ever before. Onward and upward!

May we wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and a peaceful and healthy New Year.
From all the Cat Chat Team
xxxxx
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by susand »

Bye everyone.
Amerififer
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Amerififer »

Take care all, its been fun while it lasted..
see you all in catforum.co.uk and purrs in our hearts.
Will be very strange indeed to not check in daily.. :)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Goodbye everyone. Not sure yet whether I will join another cat forum. I am glad that the site will remain, as I have directed many people to the sound advice in the FAQ section (especially lost cats) over the years.
Oddcat
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Oddcat »

A very sad goodbye from me too. Thank you all so much for your helpful advice and your support during difficult times. I will miss reading your lovely stories and helpful comments. With much love and best wishes xx
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

Thanks Ruth, more tears! It will be very odd not having CC to check daily, even though I'm also on Purrs. Will be sad not to see you Molly, with all your wisdom, but if you do need a fix, there will always be a welcome at Purrs. I've hidden Metacam in Primula cheese, that was the only way I could get Sam's vidalta in him, to the point he'd come running when he heard me pick the bottle up, so I thought I'd try his metacam and ab's in it too, he just thought it was great getting 3 blobs rather than one, although was initially surprised to have it on a plate, he was used to licking it off my finger