One of THOSE days!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

One of THOSE days!

Post by bobbys girl »

This morning I was woken up by the sound of retching coming from under the bed. That was Bobby's 'good morning' to me. It's bad at the best of times, but when you are half-asleep and menopausal (hot flushes, not sleeping etc) it was a GREAT start to the day! :roll: Feathers are SO indigestible.

I cleaned that up and stumbled to the kitchen to make tea. Looking out of the window I saw Bob chasing something around the lawn. Racing outside in my PJ'S, (so good we live in the country) I shooed him away and rescued a Pygmy Shrew. Squelched back into the house - we had rain last night, and got my breakfast.

Starting the morning 'mucking out', I went to tidy the bathroom only to find on of them had chosen not to use the kitty litter that is in there (it is a very small house with few other options for litter trays) and had pee'd all over the new pack of loo rolls - well I suppose that is one way of using them!

That sorted Bob came back in soaking wet and waited, patiently while I toweled him dry..... then he raced out again, whacking Grumpy Grace on the way. Oh Boy!

We are having a new kitchen very soon (Yipeee!). But there are a couple of folks coming tonight to take the old, large, heavy range out. I wonder what the 'little darlings' have in store for me then?

I've just sat down with a coffee to have a moan on CC. I wonder what I'll find next?
PLEASE tell me I'm not alone. PLEASE tell me others have days like this. :? :lol:
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: One of THOSE days!

Post by Jacks »

Oh dear, Bobby!!! I sympathise with the sound of retching. With us it's usually Sophie, struggling with a hairball or two. Generally it's in the middle of the night if it's in the bedroom and I have a torch ready so as not to disturb OH. Recently there were some particularly stomach churning sounds but I could not for the life of me find where she'd been sick. I guess one of us will put our foot in a shoe one say to find something unwelcome!

I sympathise about 'mucking out' as well - we have two trays up and two downstairs; fortunately Mr Socks often leaves me with two clean ones in the back of the house (to be well utilised during the day) but the three girls have a deal of fun with the two upstairs.

Well done for rescuing the pygmy shrew. My condolences to the loo paper! I hope the rest of your day is better ;)
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

I know the feeling!

I have a family funeral to attend on Thursday in Bournemouth, luckily I have very understanding bosses who were ok for me to take the day off to go. Unfortunately, I think I mistakenly threw out the train tickets during my sunday tidy-up in the lounge! Rang the train website - can't even do me a re-print. So I've had to buy ANOTHER pair at the same price! An expensive lesson learned.........

Whats the betting that when I get home, Uncle Sod will be present and the original tickets will turn up again?!
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Willowgill »

:D Your post made me laugh Bobby - most of my days begin that way! Yesterday I got up to discover that Daphne had ignored all 5 litter trays (in a small 2 bed apartment) favouring the toilet mat instead. Nightly wrenching is fairly common too - guzzling her supper biscuits too fast results in them being regurgitated whole 5 minutes later. Max is a poorly boy and often eats his dinner then drinks gallons of water and deposits the whole lot back - if I'm lucky I can get move him off the carpet before it arrives! And as for the 'lovely' gifts Alfie leaves me ....... Good job we love them!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh I am SO pleased I am not alone. You all made me laugh. I'm just having a yoghurt right now and Willow is waiting patiently to lick out the bowl. She does love anything like that - custard, rice pudding you name it. :roll: I know I shouldn't, but although a 'princess' she is far less trouble than the others and deserves her little treats.
I have just started to move the old fridge and freezer. They were standing about 2" off the wall when Bob came in and jumped back in alarm at the difference. 'There is something very different here and I don't like it!' Then Tom tried to get down the tiny gap at the back. :roll: This is just the start of it...... :lol:
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jan1957 »

Know exactly the type of day you're having.....I do sympathise. Two weeks ago I also awoke after a menopausal 'sleep'.......at 6am....( actually post-menopausal but I'm still like a furnace at night and Eric's very fun loving at 4am...bless him!) and came downstairs looking for my glasses and stepped into a soggy puked up furball. Hopping around I startled Georgie who was in the litter tray and he kicked his poo like his namesake Georgie Best...across the floor and yes.....I trod on it with my other foot!
I didn't know what to do first....so tippy toed into the kitchen for wet wipes and after finding them I then shut my finger in the drawer.
I think my scream was heard on Mars!
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Oh poor Jan! Hairball, poop AND trapped finger - not to mention the menopausal 'issues'. I suffer with those as well. Pretty used to waking up regularly in the night because I'm having, or about to have, a hot flush. Really tedious what we women have to put up with regarding our hormones...
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Hi Jackie
I've been going through it for years....my night sweats aren't as bad but I still wake up every hour or so with a hot back! About 7 years ago I was recommended to buy a magnet called Magnopulse which is two small magnets that you put on the front of your underwear (just below your belly button)and it is meant to stop the flushing. The only embarrassing thing tho is that it is a MAGNET and can be embarrassing.....when I push the trolley in the supermarket the dangly bit of metal on the trolley ...the bit you slot into the trolley to retrieve your £1 coin.....often clings to me! Embarrassing! I've also been known to walk about school with paper clips clinging to my nether regions!
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Nooooo, how hilarious! But does it WORK???

:roll:
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Yes it does. Very occasionally I forget to put it on and wonder why I get that awful feeling that my head is going to explode! I don't know about you but before a flush I get a horrible feeling of blood pounding my ears :? It's always worked for me..... But I don't always wear it at night because I'm a restless sleeper and the magnet comes apart.
Would you like me to send you the website details?
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Jackie I just emailed you the details of the magnet
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jacks »

Thank you :-)
Lyndy
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by Lyndy »

Aww! Bobby's good morning "gift" reminded me of a close call I once had. The culprit was my sister's cat Sammy. He always shared my bed on his stay-overs, and one night I woke up disturbed by a strange sound. Sammy was sitting up, peering right into my face and rumbling noisily. I just managed to dangle him over the side of the bed and he chucked in mid-air. Far better it land on the floor than my face.

Your stories have given me a good laugh!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Ohhh what have I started? You all made me laugh out loud. On the hormone front, a few weeks back I found a very good site full of ladies sharing such tales AND some ideas how to help. I know this is not kitty related but it really tickled me. One lady said she was SO desperate that she would 'drink the urine of a syphilitic wart hog' if it made her feel better! :lol:

Jan I am still laughing - what a picture that conjured up, both Georgie and the shopping trolley.
Lyndy - yuk!
Helen (?) I just know those tickets will turn up again.
All of you thank you so much.

Back to my day - it finally settled down, sort of. Bobby found another shrew, I managed to save that one. Tommy spent a good hour studying a large plant pot, (another shrew?)
Then the guys came to remove the range - sudden absence of kitties. As soon as they had gone little faces appeared around sofas and out of the wardrobe. Phew! things are finally back to normal - or as near normal as it gets around here.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Thank you, girls.....you've given me a right old giggle before bed time. :lol:
Minnies_Mum
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Minnies_Mum »

I do not wish to discuss how far a tub of spread can go across a kitchen floor. Well, obviously, I do, because otherwise I wouldn’t have mentioned it. Put a tub of spread in my bag this morning while I was pottering about. Now I grant you that the veg rack was probably not a good place to put it, but I paid a hefty price. The bag fell, well dived really, forward in a move that would put Tom Daley to shame. It was graceful, it was controlled, it was all over the floor before I could stop it. And I had to pick my pint of milk out of the goo. Oh, and the cover of my book was not spared either.

Anyway, Minnie cannot wait for the warm weather to finish, because at the mo, I am sleeping on top of the covers and she keeps getting a big toe in the hear-hole. It came as a relief when I slithered under the quilt at 4am.
kittiesmom
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by kittiesmom »

:lol: Just laughing at these stories, the only thing so far slightly funny was Scooby leaving his present for me in my new Ugg boots thank goodness is was deceased!!!!!!! :o
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by jan1957 »

Kitties mom. Exactly the same thing happened to me but not in my Ugg boots...they were my very staid Clarkes suede boots. Went to put them on one morning and thought perhaps the suede had got wet the last time I'd worn them as the boots stunk. Didn't think of looking in the boot ;) Put them outside the back door to 'air'. E&G were going crazy around the boot.....a clue perhaps? That evening I brought the boots back in but didn't stick them under my nose.....and oh was I to regret that!! As next morning I put my foot into the boot and there was a fossilised (obviously dead) mouse inside!!! Yuk yuk yuk.
Since then I never ever ever leave my shoes or boots outside my wardrobes over night.....
OH did wonder (hahaha :evil: ) whether the poor mouse died of shock from E&G or the smell of my feet
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Yep, I definitely get days like this too ........ and reading about yours made me giggle and cheered me up no end! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

What have I started? Perhaps we should start a 'sister blog' to run alongside CC, - 'Menopausal Mummies'? :lol:
Still, it has done me a power of good to read all your posts, thanks girls (and guys)

Jacks and Jan -a good friend of mine says Sage leaf has helped her, 2 tablets a day = 1 flush a WEEK!
I tried, 4 tablets a day and I'm starting to look like this :mrgreen: :lol: