Asda Tiger Pouches question

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Kithra
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Asda Tiger Pouches question

Post by Kithra »

Loki is now just over a year old and has changed to eating Asda Tiger Adult wet food pouches for cats 1 year plus. He was originally eating the kitten ones. He loves them, but only those in jelly. Being housebound I have everything delivered and try to keep a good stock in the cupboard. Today I just noticed that one of the boxes of 40 (that I always get) is for cats 8 years plus. Can I feed them to Loki, or do they not have the right ingredients for him? Thank you.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Asda Tiger Pouches question

Post by Mollycat »

They will be absolutely no problem. The lifestage changes are not dramatic, just higher calories and I think calcium for kittens, reduced phosphorous and slightly different protein for seniors. If you look up the analytical content online for a given food (I don't know if Asda have this) you will find there can be more difference between brands than there is between lifestages. My own senior Molly at 14 years old was having Felix senior with an occasional box of kitten food. Don't worry.
Kithra
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Kithra »

Thank you so much. I'll check to see if Asda have the analytical content. And, I'll keep the box (as long as they stay in date) as a stand-by in case I'm not able to get the normal ones. I'll also make very sure that in future I check the age on the box when Asda deliver! Loki loves these pouches and won't touch anything else I've tired him with. And, being my first cat in over 30 years I'm having to re-learn how to look after him. Things are so different these days, LOL.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Things might be different but cats might not be. We didn't have lifestage foods 30 years ago and cats were perfectly healthy then, and we didn't have cat foods at all until about 60 years ago and somehow cats managed to make it that far as a species. Heavens they were even given scraps, fish, milk and bones! As feral cats all over Africa, the Middle East and the Mediterranean still eat to this day. It's good to be more aware but if things were so dangerous back then, maybe we are overprotective now, and any path that sits well with you in between is probably perfectly fine. Don't tie yourself up in knots over the latest fashionable how to. Relax and enjoy your cat.
Kithra
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Kithra »

Thanks again. You're so right in all that you say and I agree. I won't overdo it trying to do what's right for Loki. As long as he's healthy and happy I'm fine with that. I really do enjoy having a cat again and I hope he lives well into his old age.