Help needed

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Mistyday
New Cat Chatter

Help needed

Post by Mistyday »

Hi all.. Tricky situation... My neighbours cat took to coming in and eating with my cats she didn't mind. Problem is she got pregnant when I insisted she should be spayed. So we now have 6 kittens and mum in my house all at my expense as the neighbour said it would be better at my house, I'm soft and care and said OK. She then said it was up to me to find homes etc which I have and now she's trying to take over and finding homes for them... Where do I stand... Yes I no the mother is hers but I birthed them with her, looked after them all, weaned them all at my expense. Please help
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Help needed

Post by Mollycat »

To be honest I would tell your neighbour to do one. Not a penny contribution and now 2 months down the line she suddenly gets interested again? If she wants to fight it, counter claim for animal cruelty and neglect. Sounds like the cat made a good choice and all you have to do is back her up.

A little different but my old cat walked in and decided to live with us, from the neighbours. Once we realised he was staying we had his leg wound seen to and had him neutered. The neighbours accepted that he chose to move out but we never asked their permission to give him medical care.
Mistyday
New Cat Chatter

Post by Mistyday »

Thanks for replying... I'm so frustrated with it all... I don't wanna fall out with her but I think it's going to come to it😕
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

is the intention to sell the kittens? is that why she is suddenly interested?

if this is the case, see if the new legislation scares her off the idea https://boughtbymany.com/news/article/l ... themselves.
Mistyday
New Cat Chatter

Post by Mistyday »

Wow what a good thing that link is... So technically the kittens were born in my house even tho I don't own the mother cat the kittens are mine? Im not sure if she's selling or giving them... I've found homes amongst relatives and wanted to keep 2 but she's saying I can't keep two only 1. The relatives are all getting them spayed when they are old enough which is one wish that I have.