So..we found this very young cat/kitten....

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Bean
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 5

So..we found this very young cat/kitten....

Post by Bean »

Just needing some advice,

About 2 months ago we noticed a small cat/kitten coming into our garden, we have 4 cats plus 3 ferals that we take care of and live in our shed.
This was a newbie, grey and white, very small and very timid. I think it was attracted to our garden because there is food put out for our ferals.

Anyhow over the past 8 weeks it has been coming more and more, day and night and slowly gotten used to us, though still very skittish. couldn't pet it for instance it would just shy away and was very reluctant to take food from us directly. Though it did run towards us when we opened our back door.

Well I managed to "get" it in yesterday and to be honest, I'm a bit freaked. I have HER, as I now know in a small cage and she's very scared, she kept jumping at the window and doors at first, completely freaked out.

I could then pick her up and place her in a cage and this morning again I carried her upstairs to where the litter tray is and she allowed me to do that, she does not seem aggressive, no spitting or lashing out, just this pitiful little miaow. Again though straight into the window looking for out.

I just don't know what to do next? I will take her to the vets to see if she is chipped, (I very much doubt), I have put notices up on the local lost & found (just is case she is lost). I don't believe she is neutered. With a busy house of 3 dogs, 4 indoor cats and 3 outdoor, I'm just not sure what the right thing to do is, I don't just want to neuter her and let her go as I really don't believe she is feral.

I'm overwhelmed. And the cage thing, obviously I can't keep her in a small cage forever. I don't have an unused room to put her in.

Family are in work during the day supportive but just not here. I feel sorry for her because I know she is scared, but I can't just let her go.
Colby Juarez
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: So..we found this very young cat/kitten....

Post by Colby Juarez »

Maybe she needs time, and she will get used to you and will not be so scared.