Hello!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Moo Bear
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Hello!

Post by Moo Bear »

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself, or rather my beautiful girl Midge! I wasn't sure whether to post or not as I have been on a forum before (not a cat one) and found myself amongst some pretty horrible people, but I have been looking on here for the last couple of days and everyone seems very nice and helpful so here goes - second time lucky!

Midge is a 1 year old DSH. She was a bit of an emergency rescue case from my other half's sister, discovered when we were house sitting for her while she was on holiday. She had 4 cats, none of which were neutered and one had just had 2 kittens. One of the kittens was fine, but the other one (Midge) didn't seem very well at all. She seemed to struggle for breath sometimes even if she hadn't done anything and her eyes and nose always had quite a lot of discharge round them. She didn't seem to improve at all over the next few days and with Laura due back (and her 4 kids who, I heard, had been throwing the poor little kitties around!) I had to get her out of there. I honestly didn't think she was going to make it but figured she would stand more.of a chance at home with me after seeing a vet with lots of peace and quiet!

So anyway, to cut a very long story short, she is still very much with us -and doesn't she make sure we know it every day!! She still has moments where she pants slightly but the vet has said this is due to an upper respiratory tract problem which is nothing to.worry about at the moment and easily treated if it got any worse. She is such a madam with a huge attitude, but I wouldn't have her any other way. I am so unbelievably proud of her having been through everything she has and still loving life the way she does!

I apologise for the emotional.essay, but I wanted to fill you in on our background a.little :D.

Xx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Hello!

Post by Walesgang »

Hello Moo Bear

What a great story for your kittie!

Welcome to our fab forum. Generally, we are a friendly bunch who all agree about one thing. We love cats :D

There are a few topics we agree to disagree about, but we accept that :D

We are all happy and willing to share our stories and experiences, and I have learned a lot since being here :D

Looking forward to hearing more about you both

Val, slave to 4 cats, 8 hens and 1 cockerel :D
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

Welcome to CC!

Isn't Midge lovely! Please give her a big fuss from me and Denver. If you like chatting about cats, you have certainly come to the right forum! Please keep us updated on her progress.

Helen and Denver
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hello Moo Bear and welcome to CC.
Midge is a beautiful girl and well done you for rescuing her.

Sue, mum to 2 boys and house keeper to 3 girls! :lol:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Hello and welcome, Midge is lovely. :)
Moo Bear
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Moo Bear »

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies. It seems like I have definitely come to the right place!
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Hi moo bear. beautiful little cat. im new to the forum myself and so glad I found it. lots of great info and advice and yes, lovely people. welcome :)
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I saw one of your posts on another thread and thought what a beautiful cat Midge was. Good to know a name with that face.
Welcome here.
To everyone else too.
There are some great, friendly people on here.
If they don't answer, they are busy. Just repeat. Someone will see it.
Life has taken a beating stick to me this week so having trouble coming on here.
My Peanut had a cat cold when I first got him out of Cat prison. So I now about that condition. They never recover fully. Peanut still has mornings when he sneezes in my face to wake me up.
See you around and chat more
Jill
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Eww, Jill, I know what that's like. We are convinced Purdy has toxic dribble - which she loves to share :P . If it got into the wrong hands I'm sure they could use it as a chemical weapon! Mmm... I wonder if it works against greenfly......?
Moo Bear
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Moo Bear »

Well you can't say I haven't been warned about the lovely things to maybe expect in the future....... sneezing and dribble, I can't wait :lol:

I am looking forward to chatting more and getting to know everyone. Thanks all for your lovely comments!
jan1957
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by jan1957 »

Hi Moo Bear
Midge is lovely. Hope you enjoy CC as much as we do - like-minded kittie lovers with a whole world of advice, empathy and support.
Wonderful forever home you've given Midge
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

I hope things get better for you soon, Jill.

Denver has given me a pressie this morning - a half eaten seagull carcass! At least he put it in the litter tray so it was easy (ish) to clean up..............but I can't help feeling I may have upset his feelings now - after I'd cleaned it all up and washed out the tray, he got back in and I could see he was asking where it was!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oh that must have been a lovely surprise for you! Yes I get that look 'aw muuum what have you done with me mouse/bird/lizard?' But a seagull! You have got me worried now. I have often seen Purdy eyeing-up the 'Hoodies' (crows not youths :roll: ) in our garden, and thought 'no, they are far too big for her'..... :shock:

Jill, I really hope this week is a better one for you.

Sue
claire_lee
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by claire_lee »

The most worrying thing happened to us a couple of weeks ago - found a pigeon wing in the lounge and another upstairs in our room. No sign of the pigeon indoors or out.

Hopefully it was consumed in a neighbours garden .... ;)

BTW Midge is gorgeous - lovely markings.....
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

Hi Sue

If its any comfort, I don't think Denver actually caught it! It was a fairly small gull, so it was certainly last years crop (adult plumage) but Denver hadn't sustained any injuries or pecks, so it might have been a roadkill or natural causes body that he found.

I have been attempting to give him a worming pill since last night (just in case there were any nasties in Mr Gull), his owners said "put any pill in his food, he'll take it ok" - I'm starting to think they didn't know Denver nearly as well as they said they do! He ate around the pill with a surgeons precision! I don't think he has worms though, so I'm not overly worried yet.

Helen
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Denver is obviously settling in nicely if he's bringing you such large and exotic gifts! I'm so glad you have the joys of a cat in your life again, Helen. :P

(That would worry me too, Claire - I'd be hunting for the rest of that pigeon for weeks!) :shock:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Helen,

will Denver drink milk? We found out, way back, that most of ours will happily take any pill crushed in a drop of evap. milk - a spoonful of sugar really does help the medicine go down!

It was also Willow's saviour when we found her all those years ago. We gave her evap. until we could get proper formula. Perhaps that's why she loves rice pudding!

And before anyone lectures me on cats and milk - it's only a tiny amount, it doesn't appear to upset their tummies and it is far less stressful to all concerned that the 'towel and syringe' method!! :D

Oh by the way, glad to hear it wasn't a big Herring Gull, :shock:
Moo Bear
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Moo Bear »

claire_lee wrote:
BTW Midge is gorgeous - lovely markings.....
Thanks claire_lee. My vet has kindly compared her to a dairy cow...... :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Charming! :roll:
Helen
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Helen »

Hello I am a newly arrived CC'er too so look forward to getting to know you.

What a lovely rescue story - sounds like she absolutely fell on her feet, she is lovely :)