Do you have a cat that goes outside? I'd love to hear from you!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
BethSJ24
New Cat Chatter

Do you have a cat that goes outside? I'd love to hear from you!

Post by BethSJ24 »

Dissertation research

I am Beth and I am a master’s student at Winchester University, and I study animal welfare science, ethics, and law. I am currently looking to collect data using an online-based survey to investigate different domestic outdoor cat management systems and their effects on British wildlife populations. This is a research project being conducted by myself and the questionnaire should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
(Please don't be put off by the consent form at the beginning)
Thank you so much in advance!

https://win-its-stu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk ... c-cat-mana
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Do you have a cat that goes outside? I'd love to hear from you!

Post by Mollycat »

Hi, I'd love to help but now have only indoor cats due to living in an upper floor flat.
But I did have in/out cats for 20+ years before, the last of which died this year having stayed with my ex.
Does it have to be current cats or can I fill in a survey on my ones from a previous relationship?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

Completed. Surprised there is no choice of DSH in the breed section - only British shorthair, which is a pedigree, or Crossbreed, which implies a cross between two pedigrees.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Another one done, and I entered Unknown for the breeds, after all he is just a general moggy not a specific breed, like fjm says, Domestic Shorthair would be the correct label.