Harvey is missing

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
susand
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Harvey is missing

Post by susand »

I am so upset. My beautiful Harvey, who I adopted nearly 4 months ago just disappeared from my back garden this afternoon. He never stays out more than an hour max and would NEVER miss his dinner, so I know something is wrong. He had settled in so well and seemed relaxed and happy and was bonding well with both me and my other cat Walter (they’ve recently started curling up together to sleep). He was sitting in the middle of the lawn when I left him to go upstairs and when I came back outside about 20 minutes later he wasn’t there. I assumed he’d gone for a stroll and carried on with my gardening but he never reappeared. I’ve been round all the neighbours, checking sheds and garages etc but no sign. He was wearing a collar with my phone number on it and is microchipped. I know this is not the right section for ‘lost’ reports - I’ve posted there too, it’s just that I’m heart broken I’ve never had a cat vanish like this before. He’s a confident chap so it’s unlikely he took fright at something and ran off, as I’ve read can happen with nervous cats. I’m thinking the worst….