Help please! Cat stuck on roof

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
VanessaVC
Frequent Cat Chatter

Help please! Cat stuck on roof

Post by VanessaVC »

Help please - Cat stuck on roof. Neither RSPCA or fire brigade will help at this stage of the evening and I really don't want to leave him up there in the cold, he's just a baby. Any suggestions please?
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Help please! Cat stuck on roof

Post by papa cat »

This maybe no help but I did a quick internet search and UK fire services will only come out (for want of a better phrase) at their discretion. The RSPCA also are unlikely to come for at least 24 hours
VanessaVC
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by VanessaVC »

Thank you - yeah I got a lot of Blah about covid and health and safety and all the rest, so no they won't help tonight :-(

I guess now I just need reassurance that he'll be ok up there through the night, it's 7/8 degrees, clear skies. He's got nowhere to curl up, he's stuck up on a very steep sided pitch roof. I'm hoping he'll either get desperate enough to try a little harder to get down, or he can manage in the cold for one night.
VanessaVC
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by VanessaVC »

Update - Cat safe. He did stay up there all night but this morning we have managed to coax him in through a skylight. (We tried this last night but with no success.) But I think daylight and sheer desperation and he got it, thank goodness. He's absolutely fine, very purry and now getting to work cleaning himself up!
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by papa cat »

I'm so pleased to read that. :D