Coordinating 4 cats for a New Years/Christmas photo..... :)

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Coordinating 4 cats for a New Years/Christmas photo..... :)

Post by Joe_Danger »

Happy new year and Merry Christmas everyone!
Our Christmas is on the 7th here

On new years I figured I'd try and take a family photos of everyone together, I managed to do it once with the persians years ago....
well this is all we got :) enjoy

We were so close here!

and then Casper transformed into a fluffy cube
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Coordinating 4 cats for a New Years/Christmas photo..... :)

Post by fjm »

Love it! The two persian girls posing politely, Casper getting it nearly right until he went cube-shaped and the Naughty Tortie trying to photo bomb her own photo!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

Spaska: 'What you doing Daddy, what's that think you are holding, is it for me, can I play with it'.

A beautiful photo regardless of Spaska not sitting pretty, she is just being herself and giving you a perfect reminder for the future of the handful she was, for when she eventually settles down.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year, as that makes it sound like you are on a different calendar and haven't had yours yet.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Who wants a chocolate-box perfect pose picture anyway? You're doing amazingly to get that far, I think in 6 years I only got 2 or 3 nice pictures of the two of them together. Spaska's look is just like Molly's when she wants to inspect my food or demand that I go pick some grass for her.

All the best wishes for the coming year, hoping we all have healthy happy pusscats.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

Thanks everyone
I hope you all have a great year too
So far, all 4 have been perfectly fine for the past few months so keeping my fingers crossed :)
We already had New Year, that's the same as the rest of the world, but our Christmas is based on some old Orthodox calendar so we have Christmas Eve on January 6th and Christmas itself on the 7th.
A week later we have an extra holiday tho, called "Old New Year" :)
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

The whole story of various Christmas and New Year dates through different times and denominations of Christianity - let alone other faiths and cultures - are really interesting. The adjustment for Julian/Orthodox calendar is why the financial year begins on 6th April, at one time the year in at least some of Europe began on 1st March - ever wondered why Sept-ember is the 9th month, Oct-ober the 10th, Nov-ember the 11th and Dec-ember the 12th? March makes more sense to me than January, the beginning of spring, and all that.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Thank you - I got quite a few details wrong there.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I always thought it was six lost days, don't know why. Then there was the confusion between local time and railway time, and differences in how length and distances were measured, etc, etc - a lot of things we take for granted are very modern - and geographically local - constructs.

It is lovely to see the four cats all happy and relaxed together, even if Spaska won't sit still!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

The 5/6 days that place the financial year at such an odd date was the compromise, I believe, halfway through the 11 day change. Something like that anyway.

Digressing even more, the history of clock changes is a much more chequered one than one might think, and the EU nations voted to end this biannual nonesense while the UK was still part of it. However though all agreed it still has not been ratified, so whether the UK will stand by the EU-wide decision when it is finally implemented, if ever, or not and continues with this nuisance, remains to be seen. Member states were supposed to choose whether to stay at their summer or winter time and the final change should have taken place last year I believe. Many employers with night staff choose to pretend the change doesn't happen, so workers can win an hour's pay free at one end of the year and work one unpaid at the other end.

Surely Spaska is just ensuring that her unique character is recorded in the group photo?