Boy or girl??

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Lealou
New Cat Chatter

Boy or girl??

Post by Lealou »

How can I tell if my kitten is a boy or girl??
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Boy or girl??

Post by fjm »

Compare with photos/videos on the internet - and confirm with the vet when you take him/her for vaccinations.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

You best bet is a trip to the vets, i've known experienced fosterers that have seen hundreds of kittens get it wrong, so if you are unsure, then asking a professional is the best option. it will also mean you can have your kitten health checked which will give you peace of mind knowing you have a healthy kitten, or at worst identify some minor ailments that can be quickly and easily treated before they become more severe.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

Yes, i've fostered 252 cats/kittens, normally quite good at judging, especially tabbies, but I had one litter that had a fluffy black - I wasn't sure, 2 friends both guessed girl, it was the one time the vet nurse went off my list when neutering kittens, vet had just started the op when she asked if the nurses had done a sex check, she did it, and it was a boy, so poor male kitten got sent home with a shaved flank and a bit of a wound.