Self cleaning litter box

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Betsyboo
New Cat Chatter

Self cleaning litter box

Post by Betsyboo »

Can someone recommend automatic litter box that works good and the name and cost please
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Self cleaning litter box

Post by fjm »

The more I looked into them the more convinced I became that the basic idea is flawed - even the best seem completely unable to dal with a bout of diarrhoea...
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

The "best" anything is so subjective it's an impossible question, as is your food question. You can buy the most recommended or the most expensive and your cat might well go on the rug rather than use a contraption that starts doing stuff and making noise all by itself. Your cat might not like a tray cleaned the instant he leaves it, some cats prefer the tray to smell of them and even need a little of the old litter put n the new tray when it's changed. He might not accept the enclosed space for toiletting, that is usually for the owner's convenience and not all cats will comply with what the owner wants. I would suggest your cat's personality guide you and start from there.
Colby Juarez
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Colby Juarez »

That's true. I've never met real positive feedbacks about automatic litter boxes.