Have Lily's Kitchen sold out (to profit)?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Have Lily's Kitchen sold out (to profit)?

Post by MarkB »

I was surprised to see boxes of Lily's Kitchen dry food in Tesco today. Really expensive @ £3.50 for 300g - I might have given it a try if it was organic (as I expected it to be) but there is no mention, just a claim that the meat is ethically sourced.

Edit -
I found the answer - a dumbed-down range http://www.lilyskitchen.co.uk/dog/news/ ... o-near-you" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guarantee it will be a flop. People willing/able to pay a premium on pet food expect something for the extra money - given that it is right next to 350g boxes of Go-Cat for 99p and the average Tesco shopper... :)

People can get a lot more for their money buying Encore/Applaws - which is pretty similar - ie high meat content, but not organic.

btw - I thought that the Encore name was used for Applaws sold in Sainsbury's, but they are using the Encore name in Tesco as well.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Have Lily's Kitchen sold out (to profit)?

Post by KittyWitty »

Encore and applaws are two completely different foods...also encore is complementary and some of applaws is too :)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I am only talking about dry food. unless things have changed since I last looked, both are made by MPM products. The point is, they are high meat content foods - The thing Lily's Kitchen had going for it was that organic ingredients were used.
Moo Bear
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Moo Bear »

I had a letter from Lilys Kitchen as I run a pet shop in a garden centre. They explained that they wanted to keep their organic range available to independent retailers only as they still wish to support them. However the demand for Lilys Kitchen in supermarkets is apparently so high they wanted to make a new high quality product (but not organic) available to supermarket 'pet shoppers' whilst also continuing to support us independents :D