Semi feral cat advice

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Laurensomerville
New Cat Chatter

Semi feral cat advice

Post by Laurensomerville »

Hello,

I’m new here, I was scrolling through the internet for some advice and found this place. I currently have 4 cats. My oldest Horace I got when he was a baby. He was born to a feral mum and has settled in perfectly. He comes and goes as he pleases and it’s all good. I rescued a semi feral in January, zeppelin. He was around 6 months old when I got him. He was at home one night when I ended up rescuing two female kittens around 9 weeks old, Jocelyn and Pattie. All have settled in beautifully. Zeppelin is getting much braver and sometimes lets me stroke him, I’ve yet to get a purr out of him….. the girls are booked into be neutered and I plan to start letting them out in the summer so they can come and go like Horace. So here’s the question. How can I let Zeppelin out. I’m so worried he won’t come back or that he will get so spooked outside he will get into trouble. I know he wants to go out but I’m not sure if that’s just because he wants to follow Horace. I would appreciate any advice.