Fund Raising

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Tom
New Cat Chatter

Fund Raising

Post by Tom »

Good morning,
I have just returned to the Uk after living abroad, somehow with a couple of rescue cats!
I’d love to get involved with the fund raising side of things, and I would be really grateful for some advice as to how to go about it. I have some ideas for events I could run, such as:
Auction of Promises
Life Drawing evenings
Cross Country running races (I have some experience of this)
I know it’s a slightly diverse selection of ideas! I would be grateful for any advice or guidance please!
Thanks
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Fund Raising

Post by Ruth B »

I would suggest your best option is to find any small local rescues where you live and contact them. They may have events that you can take part in, or you can offer your ideas and see if they can be fitted into any of the current events. I know many of the charities around me run jumble sales, on line auctions, and have stalls at various events.
The Cat Chat main page has links to a lot of rescues so hopefully you can find one local to you there and get in touch with them.
Tom
New Cat Chatter

Re: Fund Raising

Post by Tom »

That’s really useful, thank you very much, I’ll start to reach out to local ones.
Thanks again