Dave.....Update.

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Dave.....Update.

Post by Grace56 »

Well, Friday is nearly here and the tension mounts. But, all is in readiness for Dave's arrival.
Yesterday, I bought two litter trays, litter, a poop scoop, and......a very smart stainless steel, non slip feeding bowl. All in blue. :)
Plus....my friend gave me one of those timer feeding bowls (with 4 food trays) for when I'm not there.
He has a lovely, cosy basket lined with a blanket in my bedroom. (No doubt he'll sleep on my bed...and that's fine) I also put down the feeding mat my late, darling Oscar used to use, which bears the legend 'The Boss' :D

Later, I'm going to buy a water fountain for him. I'm excited about finally having him home, but a tad apprehensive about the train journey. :shock: Dave is, after all, an unknown quantity re' travelling carriers. I just hope he doesn't get out and run riot down the carriages. :shock:

I'll keep you all updated.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (16.8 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: Dave.....Update.

Post by Jacks »

Hi, sounds like you're getting well prepared! Can I just suggest if you are using a plastic carrier that you get something strong and tie it round once Dave is inside - so to stop the door swinging open if the catches snap or get twisted, and to stop the halves of the carrier falling apart if it is made in two pieces. I would also suggest that you have a bag you can strap round your waist, or put over your shoulders, and that you carry the carrier not by the handle but with your arms supporting the weight and the opening towards your body. I have a thread you may have seen on my carrier falling apart in the street outside the vets with a boy who I had befriended who had turned up in my garden, like Dave. I have lost him - after 3 -4 weeks he's no longer being sighted in the area.

Just would hate anything to happen to Dave - cats don't behave responsibly if they're suddenly dumped in an unknown, noisy environment - they just run for their lives...

All the best for Friday.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Very good advice Jacks!

Grace - how exciting is that!! I bet you can't wait. Everything crossed for Friday. I'll be thinking about you.

Hugs and fusses

Sue
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I cover part of the carrier sometimes when the cat is scared, especially when the vet surgery is busy - if you have a very open carrier it might be worth giving him a hidey area. Good luck for Friday! xx
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Thank you for all your good wishes, everyone. I'll pass them on to Dave as well. :D And your travel tips.
I have just de flead him with 'Advantage' and he was NOT a happy cat. But I fed him afterwards and he's ok now. ;)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

in my somewhat limited experience, cats who are the most scared tend to be easiest to transport, as they just freeze with fear and barely move or make a noise - it's the confident ones who act up the most (yes, Tiffany, I do mean you)
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

I hope you're right, Kay. :?
Dave just attacked poor Louie as he (Louie) was coming in for his supper. Dave really went for him like a lion. I bet Louie and Banshee will breath a HUGE sigh of relief on Friday evening. :shock: