Constant entertainment?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Catfam1
New Cat Chatter

Constant entertainment?

Post by Catfam1 »

Feeling like I have to constantly entertain my 13 week old kitten. Is this normal? Another kitten isn’t an option. Wondering if this constant need to be entertained/played with will end? Evening zoomies before bed - not every evening. If I sit down for 5 mins she’s looking to go behind the tv where wires are which I’ve blocked off. Love her to bits but feel like she’s taking over my life!
200percentfeline
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Constant entertainment?

Post by 200percentfeline »

Yeah the youngins are full of zest! If a companion is out of question supply plenty of toys and a window perch is a must.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

I'm less concerned about the kitten being normal than why it seems to be a problem for you. It's been a long time since I had a kitten but they sleep a lot and all the time they are awake they are fun, they are interesting, they are learning about the world and bonding with their family, all through play. This time does not last long, if it isn't the biggest joy and fun ever, and is an exhausting drag, I'm not sure the kitten is the problem?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by fjm »

Well, they do take over our lives! That's what having animals, especially baby animals, means - no more lie ins without feeding and playing first, no more long lazy hours unless they involve a game and/or a snuggle, no more out for a drink after work or spontaneous nights away as the cat needs to be fed and cared for. This is about puppies, but applies just as much to kittens: https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/behav ... lanet-dog/

Have a selection of toys by your chair - small toys to chase and throw, something on a wand to dangle, long thin toys to drag for pouncing. At least that way you can sit down while playing.
carlosbenini11
New Cat Chatter

Post by carlosbenini11 »

I constantly play with my kitten, we do it in the morning and in the evening before going to bed, I have a wonderful baby that always cheers me up, when I'm in the mood.

*Edited by admin due to advertising.