Simple solution v Urine-Off - any experience?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Simple solution v Urine-Off - any experience?

Post by MarkB »

I have tried lots of different ones over the years. I settled on one called RX-66, but apart from one company selling the 500ml bottles (old stock?) it doesn't seem to be available any more (I used to buy direct)

I want the best/strongest on the market. I can get 946ml of Urine-Off for £10 on Amazon or 4L of Simple Solution for £15. I don't really like the smell of Simple, but will suffer it if it works better than others. At one time you could get unperfumed Simple Solution, but I haven't seen it for quite a few years.

I recently tried the Rug Doctor version, but don't think it is that effective.

I wish these companies stated the strength of their products. There is no way of comparing.
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Simple solution v Urine-Off - any experience?

Post by sarie »

My mum found Bio-K20 recently and says it's a miracle product - she's got a cat who pees all over the place as he's ultra territorial.
She says she tried it on the curtains as they were sticky to touch and you couldn't get near them due to the smell - she said the next day they felt like new to touch and there was no smell at all. The bio has a slight lemony smell when you get close to it but she says it's a pretty inoffensive product.
She's been buying bottles of the stuff haha. It's a little expensive but apparently it works incredibly well :)

http://www.taylormclure.co.uk/pages/mor ... 183899.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't tried it personally as mine have yet to have an accident but I've asked her to demo it to me when I'm next home as I'm intrigued!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Thanks for that. The sizes are the same as the RX-66 I used to buy. I am sure in was an American product. I am wondering if it is the same thing with a different name. I remember buying the 500ml and the 5L at great expense, but they lasted ages and more importantly, they worked! :)
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by sarie »

Yeah given you have to dilute it I should imagine it lasts aaaaaaaaaaages so is probably worth the money, especially if it works! :) It could well be the same product, I'm sure there aren't that many enzyme products around. Plenty of urine stain removers but they're not the same as enzymes! Good luck Mark :)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Hopefully once this lot is dealt with (it has gone under a wood floor) I won't need it again. Lazarus seems to be improving and it was health problems causing him to pee. Previously, we had a serial sprayer who ruined everything. Ironically, the wood floor was put in after Willow ruined the carpets. She peed everywhere for years, but we lost her in 2010.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Catfan5 »

We have a serial sprayer too so I'm pleased to come across this thread! Hope it's ok on wallpaper..:)
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Once in a while I go to Home Bargains. I had forgotten that I bought some stuff in there a couple of years ago - also bio enzymatic. It was only 99p so I will give it a try first :) (I bought a couple)

It gets good reviews - some say it is better than Simple Solution etc.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/OUT-Stain-and ... s/14149348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Podsy
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Podsy »

Mark B I use that product from Home Bargains too, and it's great. Fortunately we dont get many accidents anymore, but when I use this it seems to do the trick. For 99p you cant go wrong!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

It seems to have worked :)

There seems to be quite a few similar products on the market, but there is no way of comparing them as they don't state the amount of active ingredient.

Anyway, the smell has gone and hopefully he has stopped the peeing. :)

I am going back that way on Friday so will buy some more for just in case. We have a rug in the dining room that I treated with simple solution last year (as well as shampooing with Rug Doctor pet shampoo this year) but there is still a bit of a whiff (unless I am imagining it!) so I will give that a go too. At that price, you can give it a good soaking! :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

MarkB wrote:Hopefully once this lot is dealt with (it has gone under a wood floor) I won't need it again. Lazarus seems to be improving and it was health problems causing him to pee. Previously, we had a serial sprayer who ruined everything. Ironically, the wood floor was put in after Willow ruined the carpets.
I hope so too Mark - but I wouldn't hold my breath! Our kitchen was stripped back to the plaster, lino up and replaced with ceramic tiles. New worktop and ceramic tile splash back. Purdy has pee'd once on the microwave (her fav spot). Finding it a bit difficult now, she has turned her attention to the washing machine (twice), my new teapot and behind the hob (4 times). The kitchen has only been finished 11 days :roll: . So I will be trying out the stuff you recommend.

Why does Purdy feel the need to pee? I wish I knew! :? It's not stress (the most chilled cat I know). It's not illness (she's fitter than me!) She IS Top Cat. If the others have a falling out, she's there to put a stop to it - Bossy Boots! Perhaps it's just 'I'm in charge around here'. :roll:

Good luck with the floor! :D