Cats on medication

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Cats on medication

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

At the moment all three of my furbabes are on medication/supplements:

Pepsi: Metacam, Stride Plus, Q10 supplement, lactuose and Zylkene
Edgar: Metacam, Antirobe, Q10 supplement
Lou Lou: Cystease, Zylkene

I think I need to get up an hour earrlie in the mornings now to make sure they all have what they should have before I go to work! Is anyone (other than those with cat rescues!) dealing with as much medication for their gang at the moment. I feel like a dispensary!
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Cats on medication

Post by greenkitty »

I know the feeling!

Hector - Prednisalone, Ronaxan and Piriton everyday, Interferon every other day. Cream on sore nose and eye drops when needed.
Tig - Epiphen twice a day, although hopefully not for much longer!
Noodle - Cystophan when needed although luckily she hasn't needed it for a while

I think I could have another 30 minutes in bed in the morning if I didn't have cats!!
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Julia and Sarah you have both got a lot to do in the mornings!! Thankfully I only have little Fluffy to medicate but this is her list.

Fortekor
Istin
Aspirin (every 3 days)
Cystease
StridePlus
Slippery Elm Bark
Vitamin B complex
Vitamin B12
BezoPet paste (3 times a week)

Just to make life a little more complicated, she doesn't eat very much in the morning. Not enough to hide all the above in so I have to give her the fortekor and Istin in a bit of webbox and then throughout the day make sure I give her the rest. Her appetite gets better as the day goes on so I often end up giving her the vitamins late at night. I have a huge basket with all her meds in.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

My lot aren't too bad:

Minnie: Prednisolone, Ipakatine and 'sensitive' diet
Daz: Cystophan and 'urinary' diet
Basil: Metacam

Though because of the various diets I have to watch them to make sure they eat all their own, and nobody else's. I confess I don't do the med rounds in the morning, I do them at night.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Alice has eased my workload although I would happily do it all again. At the moment I just have Laz's DDAVP nose drops twice a day and Felimazole twice a day + his special food. I have run out of the 1.25mg Felimazole so back to cutting the 2.5mg ones in half - which I have to do at night when the hand-eye co-ordination is better! :)

As for Kylie, we have managed the winter without her Optimmune cream but now the sun is (slowly) coming back, her eyes are beginning to cloud so looks like I will be back to twice a day with that.

http://i.imgur.com/b4WsHfJ.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

I forgot about Hector's prescription diet!!!
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

I thought I couldn't possibly be alone! Dear little Fluffy - all that for one sweet girl. Needless to say, although mine are not on full prescription diets yet, they don't/WON'T eat the same thing at the same time and Lou Lou is such a slower eater than Edgar tends to butt in before she's finished so I end up supervising Lou's meals in a separate room, either before or after I have hand fed Pepsi who will only finish her meal if Mummy hands it to her bit by bit. Funnily enough when there's some food over and I leave it out for her overnight it's gone in the morning, without any help from me. I think she's made an idiot of me really!

When we went on holiday at NY and we had four days without any cat care duties I felt very strange - as if it wasn't right that we should be living so freely and without responsibility! How these little ones steal our hearts...
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Sarah your lovely Pepsi has made me smile. She's got you wrapped round her little paw hasn't she!! Fancy eating her food unaided during the night but expecting you to hand feed her during the day. They certainly do steal our hearts, that's for sure. Give her a little chin tickle from me xx
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Kylie is so beautiful, Mark! Fusses to her, and to the gorgeous Lazarus, of course.
HRHFluffy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by HRHFluffy »

Kylie always reminds me of my Harvey. Mark it's nice to see a lovely picture of Alice as your avatar. What a gorgeous girl.
Ruth
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by Ruth »

Puss cat medication the nemesis of all our lives!
My Fred has to take:
Co-phenotrope 1/4 3 times a day
Phenobarbital twice a day
Flixotide twice daily
Salbutamol twice daily
Loxicom as required daily
Bricanyl injection as required
And if that's not enough he has to have coupage morning and evening to clear his lungs when he's congested.
And if you looked at him you wouldn't think he had a thing wrong with him.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Gosh , Ruth , and Fred is only one if your 13!!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Thanks Sarah & Carol. Kylie doesn't get much of a look in so about time I posted one of her - even if it is an old pic :)

I thought I would remember our lovely girl Alice in the avatar ;)