Gourmet Perle Mon Petit (50g) pouches

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Gourmet Perle Mon Petit (50g) pouches

Post by MarkB »

No doubt Purina's version of the Sheba mini pouches

6 x 50g pouches for £1.99 which is ridiculous, but I got some in Asda for £1 a box. Ideal size for elderly cats with a small appetite or in the summer when you don't want wet food hanging around - also for fatties like my Kylie :) - She was very impressed and still left a bit for later :)

There is a fish selection and a meat one. They had sold out of the meat ones so I bought all the fish ones one the shelf.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Gourmet Perle Mon Petit (50g) pouches

Post by greenkitty »

Oh that's worth knowing, I sometimes use the small pouches for Tig's extra meal in the evening.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I think I will have to go back for the meat ones. Well worth stocking up while they are £1 for 6 :)

They would have been perfect for Alice. She loved Gourmet Perle but not Sheba. She rarely ate more than about 1/3rd of a regular pouch.

It seems Morrisons only have the fish variety, but at full price. Only Asda have both and on offer.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping ... on%20petit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

Also ideal for cats like Pip who want a pick'n'mix service...but like you I wouldn't pay the full price! No Asda in these parts, however, fingers crossed it'll be on offer in Sainsbury's or Morrisons soon!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

They are very clever. By altering pack sizes over time, they have managed to make a full multipack out of 2/3rds of a can :)

They do have their uses though :)

Might be worth doing a one-off Asda delivery shop (unless you can't bear the thought of an Asda lorry turning up rather than Ocado :) )

They had tons of other offers - maybe due to it being their 'Pet Event'

Their own brand pouches were £2 a box - some were £2.29 - no idea why they were different prices. Whiskas, Kit-e-cat and Felix pouches 2 for £5 etc. The snag with Asda is that they don't sell the full range, ie no Felix supermeat. No AGAIL senior fish or meat selection.

They also had Feline Fayre 4 for £1

I bought a 950g bag of Feline Fayre dry for £2 for visiting cats
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

These have gone down really well with Kylie. No waste and no opening something else if she turn her nose up, so I am going to get some more. It has gone up to £1.50 in Asda and £1.99 in Morrisons (not sold anywhere else yet) so I am going to stock up.

She seems satisfied after her 50g wet meal so it may even help her to lose weight :)