Cat Wars

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Themogfather
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Cat Wars

Post by Themogfather »

Did anyone catch Cat Wars on BBC1 ? I thought it was a fascinating program looking at Cats from different sides.
Felt really sorry for the poor cat whos home was being invaded by a agresive rival who was stealing its food. It looked so sad and Frightened.
Liked that they showed non violent deterent methods like sonics and automatic sprayers . These should not harm the cats but worked but surprisingly the best method to stop cats pooing in your garden was to feed them . Supose dont S**t where you eat.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat Wars

Post by Crewella »

Nope, i've had a really busy week, but thanks for the heads up - I'll try to watch it over the weekend. :)
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by sarie »

I watched it and found it quite fun/interesting to watch! I also felt so sorry for the little cat Buster who's home was being invaded by the neighbour's cat, poor thing! I'm glad they got to the bottom of it though and sorted things out for him :)

I also enjoyed seeing the harmless deterrents, hopefully it'll inspire a few people who don't like cats to use similar methods. There'll always be the hateful people who want to hurt them but likewise there are plenty who don't like them in their garden but wouldn't want to hurt them.
The not pooing in the gardens they're fed in made me laugh - it's true! Mine will wee in my garden but I never ever see them poo there because it's home turf. It worried me that they must be doing it elsewhere though as I'd prefer they did it in my garden than upset the neighbours. Problem solved now though as mine are no longer going out but the issue is still long standing for many other owners and gardeners alike!

Funnily enough I used the infrared tone motion detection thing they talked about on my upstairs landing at a previous house when I was trying to stop the cats from scratching the carpet to the bedroom door at night - it worked very well.. although the ssscat worked better! Thankfully I no longer live with someone who doesn't like cats in the bedroom so there's no longer an issue and my boys can come and go as they please ;)

Anyway, I digress.. great program :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Yep, Georgia and I watched it! :lol:
rsz_100.jpg
(161.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3