Flat food dishes

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Themogfather
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Flat food dishes

Post by Themogfather »

For those who like the very shallow food dishes for their cats Poundland are selling the Felix ones for wait for it ................ A £1. :mrgreen:
Attachments
WP_20140929_14_24_42_Pro (2).jpg
WP_20140929_14_24_42_Pro (2).jpg (62.68 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Flat food dishes

Post by Alice »

That makes it even easier to spread the food all over the surrounding area, and my two already manage to drag/spread it over a wide area from a dish with sides! :lol: :lol:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Kylie likes eating from flatter dishes, but does get some on the floor. Laz needs sides on his dishes otherwise most ends up on the floor as he nudges his food :)

I got some excellent dishes in Poundland in the Jane Asher range.

Still good to have a mix of dishes and some spares :)

I even have some baby feeding dishes from Poundland (a pack of 3 for £1 :) ) - they are very light, but handy if I run out of dishes. (they are BPA-free)
Last edited by MarkB on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Having broken two hard plastic dishes in quick succession, I recently went on the search for something less brittle. Pets at Home only had ceramic cat dishes. But a, very helpful, assistant showed me some 'rabbit dishes'. Wide, shallow soft(er) plastic with non-slip feet - brilliant! I think they were £1.75.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I'm with you Alice - my lot would just end up pushing the food off the plate and onto the floor :lol: but definitely a good plate to consider if you have a Persian as they prefer the shallower plates I believe?

When I only had Molly and Chloe I had some bowls that I bought from a Chinese Supermarket and they were perfect as their edge curved inwards. I should see if I could get more as they were perfect for keeping the food in the bowl ;)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

I use bits of kitchen floor vinyl, cut up into squares, for food without gravy, such as pate types
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

These dishes are quite good. I got them on sale (about £1.50) from Viovet a while ago. A random cat that had licked his dish clean and waiting for seconds.

The back of the dish is higher. Fine for all but the messiest (ie Laz) cats. :)
Attachments
cat two.jpg
cat two.jpg (113.51 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I bought one of the Felix dishes today to try. I am back in Canterbury next Saturday so can always buy more if they work. They will be fine for Kylie anyway :)

I was looking at the box and it looks as if the dishes were a promotion. I buy Felix all the time and I don't remember seeing them anywhere. I think it was a similar thing to the Whiskas dishes they have on promo sometimes where you get a free dish if you buy 4 boxes.