Can anyone recommend a cat-sitter?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
KittyKiernan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Can anyone recommend a cat-sitter?

Post by KittyKiernan »

Hello all,

We're off on a week's holiday in June, and will be looking for a really fantastic cat-sitter to look after our foster cat Ted (2 visits a day, to our home - I don't really want to unsettle him by putting him in a cattery).

Does anyone know of a good pet-sitter reviews site? A sort of 'trip advisor' for pets? I've had a quick google but can't find anything.

Alternatively, could anyone recommend a really good cat-sitter who operates in South London? I'd always prefer to go on personal recommendation.

Thank you in advance!
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Can anyone recommend a cat-sitter?

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Hi

We're south west London and we use Animal Aunts. Our auntie is Sylvi but they have ladies all
over. Have a look at their website.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Animals at home are a pet sitting franchise as well. I used them when I was still living in Morden and then again when I moved to where I am now.

Another fellow cat chatter - also living in London - was looking for a cat sitter a while back and came up with these two: http://www.catcarelondon.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.cats-whiskers.info/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I haven't looked at all the details but from memory what was / is good about the 2nd one is that unless they hear from you to say you've arrived home they will keep going round to feed etc just in case there has been a delay of some sort.
KittyKiernan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by KittyKiernan »

Thanks so much Meriad and Sarah - I'll check out those options now.
beieug
New Cat Chatter

Post by beieug »

Hi, I am in the process of organizing care for my 5-month old kitten for the few days we'll be away. Have you tried those sitters you were recommended? Can you remmend someone? I have just been in touch with Animal Aunts and they sound very friendly.
Thank you for your help!