Cat trackers

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
andrea8411
Frequent Cat Chatter

Cat trackers

Post by andrea8411 »

Does anyone have any experience of using cat trackers, I have read up on a couple and they have very mixed reviews and I wondered if anyone has tried them?
Thanks
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Cat trackers

Post by meriad »

I've used the loc8tor tag on mine. Thankfully I've never needed it to find a cat, but it has helped me recover more than one lost collar. Unfortunately there are a few collars I've never been able to trace again due to the fact that the range is only about 120m and the one area one of my cats goes to is quite large.
andrea8411
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by andrea8411 »

I know you buy the tag but then I read you have to pay for the GPS tracker of £149 per year is that correct?
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

I have a Loc8tor too but not the GPS version, my girl doesn't wander far but has got herself locked in my neighbours garage as she's quite nosey, I was able to track her down in there and get her out! She's also learnt that when I activate the tracker it means I want her to come in and 9 times out of 10 will come back within a few minutes.