Two new foster cats!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Two new foster cats!

Post by Crewella »

Yep, Talouse has gone to her new home, the lady was delighted with her and said she reminded her of a cat she'd had as a little girl. Apparently Talouse seemed to like her too, and will have a big garden on a quiet road to enjoy when she starts going out. I've been promised pics in the future, too! :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Well done Helen! Really good news for Talouse (and her new servant!) I'm very pleased for you all and it is nice that she will keep in touch. :D
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Lovely news, a job well done :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

I'm so pleased for her, she's gone to a family with older children and will at last get the love and attention she's always missed out on. She's a perfect family cat, too, as she's so unruffled and friendly - she does the 'meercat' thing and stands up for a stroke! :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

It's been a long time coming, but at last I'm starting to see a change in Jess. I've been able to stroke her for months, and she does purr and stretch out for a better scritching angle, but she's remained very wary and likely to hiss if you deviate even slightly from the established routine, and she's still very much hiding in her bed - only coming out to eat or use her tray when there's nobody about.

When I take her food in, I always give her a quick stroke and then waft the bowl under her nose before putting it down. Over the last couple of weeks she's definitely been looking more interested and giving it a good old sniff as it wafts past her, and she's eating more. She's also become less fussy and is suddenly eating brands and flavours she would have left a few weeks back.

She's squeaked at me a couple of times recently as I've gone in there - a funny, croaky little squeak as though she's almost forgotten how and is struggling to find her voice again. Best of all, as I left the room having put her food down one day last week, I glanced back to see her little face peering at me over the top of her bed. It was an enquiring, interested little face, not the defensive glare I'm used to seeing, and as I closed the door I saw her jump out of her bed and trot over to her bowl. She's done it a few times this week, and is happy to keep eating if I stand there quietly by the door.

Bless her, I really hope this is the start of a happier, more confident Jess. :D
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Goodness this has been a long haul but your patience seems to be paying off finally, she's obviously feeling more confident in your presence, who knows what your next update will be :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

It has been a long haul, and I'm so relieved to see her at last show some interest in her surroundings - I was really beginning to worry about her.

It's so strange, because she was never a feral cat - she belonged to an elderly person who kept her and her sister when their mum had kittens, but seemingly never handled them at all. The mum, however, is a regular, friendly little cat who has obviously been used to being petted. It was a tough decision, but we've just rehomed the mum - she'd been waiting over a year and it just didn't seem fair to keep a perfectly friendly cat in a pen indefinitely. The three didn't seem all that bonded, to be honest, and at 8 years old, the mum wasn't exactly inundated with offers as it was - apparently she has settled into her new home very well.

Here's hoping that Jess really has turned a corner and has taken the first few steps to becoming somebody's much loved pet. We also still have her sister who, if anything, is even more withdrawn than Jess ......
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Lovely update,

Goodness it has never taken me that long either, but its normally boys i have here, wonder if girls take a little longer to come round.

You don't fancy a ginger cat called Spike do you, who is in doghouse, as he is still hating my 2 strays,Luca sneaked through door to go upstairs and Spike zoomed after him doing that awful meowwwwwwwwwww that we never hear unless he has murder in mind,i have never run so fast in my life to catch him, he also caught a lovely wood pigeon the little bu**er & climbed the false chimney breast in lounge,then managed to fall down back , had visions of knocking all the blooming bricks out.. :D must be Spring !!!

sorry hijacked your post haven't I ...apologises...!!!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Ooooh you do make him sound tempting ....... :P :D

Actually, we did have a space ......... but a stray has been handed to a local vets and I've agreed to take him in my outdoor pen. He's about 12, they reckon, a bit underweight but perfectly friendly and mainly in need of a warm bed and some good grub. I'm picking him up at the weekend.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

Yeah an older cat for you to look after!!!, do you think his owner died?, like i think happens when we get elderly ones here,(never chipped ) they always seem to like sitting on laps..:0)

Luca is elderly, a lovely boy, but hadn't been neutered, but has never acted like a mature 'Tom' cat, so where he appeared from is still a mystery.

I have told Spike he may be coming to yours....if he catches any more birds/cats he will be on next train to yours with his marmalade sandwiches !!!! :D