update on theo

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

update on theo

Post by nanny pamy »

Just wanted to share. Theo is so affectionate and loves to lie on the floor and have his belly rubbed. But hes never been a* knee cat*. The couple of times ive picked him up and sat him on my knee he quickly jumps off and doesn't seem to like it at all. So we never try now, hes happy just being stroked at ground level or he sits right next to us on the couch. Well this morning I was sitting having my coffee and he just came over and jumped on my knee. He then proceeded to do this little circle pinning my legs then lay on his back all stetched out. It was lovely. He was purring really loud and tapping me with his paw to keep me stroking him. I did notice he was staring at me really intensly as though he needed reasurence because it was kind of new to him. I feel as though we,ve made a big breakthrough with him though and I cant wait to see does he do it again later. We,ve had him 9 months now. The next thing im hoping is that his fear of people will subside. He still runs away terrified and hides if anyone comes here. He will creep back in the room very slowly after a long time and I always ask people to give him treats and he will cauciously take them from their hand but hes so tense and keeps looking around as though hes waiting for something bad to happen. But hopefully he,l soon realise no one wants to harm him. Hes such a scared little boy, I cant imagine whats happened to him in the past to make him so fearful. I think he just loves it when its just him and us and no one else. lol
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: update on theo

Post by nanny pamy »

here he is
Attachments
Theo_(4)_(400_x_600).jpg
Theo_(4)_(400_x_600).jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
katewilkey
Returning Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by katewilkey »

He's beautiful! He sounds exactly like my Tinks. She's very nervous, but has just started sitting on my husband's lap. At first, you could tell she was cautious, but after about a week, she now seems very settled and purrs happily. She still won't sit on me though, and she's very wary of visitors.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

He is a lovely, smiley cat and it sounds like he is making good progress! :D
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Oh he's gorgeous. My Monty was very nervous when I first got him as well and it took nearly 6 months before he was comfy enough with me. I've had him 4 years now and he's a different cat. Still weary of strangers, esp males but my more regular visitors he's OK with.

But I really don't mind him being weary of strangers; I always feel there's less risk of him being stolen by someone because he won't get near enough to them.