Cat "punished" for eating pizza...

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Cat "punished" for eating pizza...

Post by AhmedUK »

Hmmm, so a woman puts her cat in a bath with water up to it's knees as punishment for eating her pizza, and the RSPCA don't take it away?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/22/outrage-a ... a-4958294/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surely this woman isn't in the right state of mind to own pets.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Cat "punished" for eating pizza...

Post by MarkB »

I would put her up to her knees in water, but head down! - vile chav scum!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Makes me sooooooo angry - even more that she seemed to be proud of herself. I despair sometimes.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

The woman is clearly unsuited to having a cat in her home, and it should have been removed from her clutches. It won't have had the faintest idea why she was being so cruel to it. I hate to think what she does to her kids.
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by hgale »

Poor cat. If even the RSPCA won't help it, who will? And it was her own fault for leaving the pizza out where the cat could steal it too. I feel sorry for all her pets and children, having a mum like that.
Hunnybunny
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hunnybunny »

Sums up the RSPCA's attitude beautifully I think!! They are guilty of far worse than this I can promise you.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Cat's owner - :twisted:

RSPCA - :roll: Only seem to do anything when the BBC are following. Had issues with them regarding gypsy ponies. :x
georgie girl
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by georgie girl »

God, I can imagine trying to do that to Yowlee; I'd lose my face :o
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

MarkB wrote:I would put her up to her knees in water, but head down! - vile chav scum!
Sadly it seems to be the chavs who have the most pets and kids. I have a colleague at work who is a really nice woman, she once told me she would have loved to have been a mother more than anything else, sadly for her, it wasn't meant to be, so when I see these chavs mistreating their kids, shouting and swearing at them in the street, sitting in McDonalds each day feeding them unhealthy food, I think of my colleague and what a wonderful mother she would have made, and then you just sit there feeling that life just isn't fair.
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

My only experience of the RSPCA was a great one. I was around 18 or so, and my brother and I were looking outside the window when we saw a cat grab a pigeon and run into our flats, we ran outside into the corridor and managed to make the cat let go off the pigeon, it was bleeding and couldn't fly but very much alive, so we got a box and put it over it and called the RSPCA. They said they will come, but then about 5 hours passed, and it was now dark, and we thought they would never come for a pigeon, but then about 8pm the van came and a guy took it away!

But I have a lot of horror stories about them over the years, so I am not sure I trust them to always act in the best interest of an animal any more.
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

I hate chavs.
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

mr_frisky wrote:I hate chavs.
Oh, you'd hate to live where I live. I was working late in London most nights earlier this year, and on a Friday night, coming home was just a nightmare - the walk from the station to my home is about 4 minutes, but you were almost always certain to bump into some drunken chav who wanted to cause trouble, I wrote to my councillors, asking them to work with the police to patrol the area just outside the station and the pubs at the end of the bridge, as this is where a lot of the trouble was coming from, but they did nothing, in the end, I had to get a torch which also could be used as a baton for my own protection.

The sad thing is, most of the people where I live are actually decent, only 10% or so of the population seem to be chavs, but as is so often the case, it is the minority that spoil things for the majority.
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by mr_frisky »

It wouldn't be somewhere on the Medway, would it?
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

mr_frisky wrote:It wouldn't be somewhere on the Medway, would it?
More south - Tonbridge!
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

I went to Hadlow College a few years back, doing a degree in Animal Management, but had to give up for health reasons. Shame as I enjoyed the course, apart from some of the videos we were shown during animal welfare lectures :(

Just down the road from Tonbridge and I went there a few times. I prefer nearby Tunbridge Wells though! :)
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

Ah, that's a real shame you had to give up your degree due to ill health, yes, I often drive past Hadlow College when I need to get onto the M20.

Yes, I much prefer Tunbridge Wells too, that's where I was initially living, but I was working late in London almost each day and Tonbridge has a lot more trains to London than Tunbridge Wells, so that was one of the main reasons I moved.