eye problem

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!

eye problem

Post by laura1959 »

one of my cats is getting very adventurous outside running about up trees into bushes etc etc which is great to see she is just over a year and was a rescue cat one of two I adopted,twice now she has come in with her right eye closed and a bit weepy nothing major I have bathed it with warm water,and it seems ok but bit concerned is there anything else I could do to ease it ,last night the eye was completely closed I bathed it and this morning it was open and a bit red ,not the eye ball just around the lid,?????
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: eye problem

Post by MarkB »

I would take mine to the vet. It could be anything, but probably very uncomfortable for her.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

A trip is in order, I would say there's some sort of infection there and it's probably very sore for her. If left untreated it can lead to permanent damage so please get her seen to.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I agree with the others Laura, I'd get her to the vet. She may have scratched the eye, got something stuck in it and it really needs to be seen to just to make sure it's all OK. You don't want to mess around with eyes

Good luck and let us know how you get on
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by laura1959 »

meriad wrote:I agree with the others Laura, I'd get her to the vet. She may have scratched the eye, got something stuck in it and it really needs to be seen to just to make sure it's all OK. You don't want to mess around with eyes

Good luck and let us know how you get on
thanks for your concern but the eye is fine now ,not weepy and wide open and not at all red. but if it re occurs I will take her to the vets. :) :)
Themogfather
Experienced Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Themogfather »

You could also try bathing the eye with camaline tea. This was recomended to me and cleared the eye up straight away. Others are right thou if i was really concerned i would go to the vets to be on the safe side
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by laura1959 »

Themogfather wrote:You could also try bathing the eye with camaline tea. This was recomended to me and cleared the eye up straight away. Others are right thou if i was really concerned i would go to the vets to be on the safe side
thanks for all your ideas her eye is fine now but I will put your ideas in a notebook ,as she does tend to get a weepy eye now and again.