Do you buy Christmas gifts for your cats?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
KittyCatKate
Frequent Cat Chatter

Do you buy Christmas gifts for your cats?

Post by KittyCatKate »

So I have always done this since my first cat growing up. I remember my father would take me and let me pick out gifts for my cat, the dogs, the birds, the hamsters... I loved it. Since then, I always get any pet I own a gift on Christmas and on their birthdays. My oldest knows when it is close to his birthday because it is in Spring. He sucks up a lot! I spoil him badly.

Anyways, this year I found some cute stocking filled with toys for cats. I got them each one. I can't wait to give them to them!! Anyone else buy gifts?
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Do you buy Christmas gifts for your cats?

Post by AhmedUK »

I always liked the "Christmas atmosphere" when I was a kid, but I think it starts way too early nowadays and so that has just put me off - I mean, Christmas songs and adverts and decorations are now up in November! I personally wish all Christmasy things (apart from advent calendars) wouldn't start till two weeks before Christmas, I think a lot more people might then start enjoying it again.

That's really nice you get your cats pressies, I am sure they appreciate them!
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Our's get pressies, but they are always more interested in the boxes they came in! :lol:
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Joanne_ »

yes always:) I buy gifts for my hamster too ha
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I don't go overboard (I'm a bit 'bah humbug' by nature) ..... but mine get a special dinner and something small at Christmas .... just maybe not individually wrapped!
Fran_ki
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Fran_ki »

For sure ! :D
We only had Kenzie 13 months but he was spoiled in his short life and Xmas was no exception :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (17.85 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

The first Christmas presents I got this year were for the cats in my life (including friends and family cats). Nothing extravagant, but let's get our priorities right!
AhmedUK
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by AhmedUK »

Fran_ki wrote:For sure ! :D
We only had Kenzie 13 months but he was spoiled in his short life and Xmas was no exception :D
That's such a lovely photo!
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

Hi Kate....yes, he gets a Christmas present the same as everyone else...this year, its a new collar with his address and my phone number on and a lovely new furry bed for under the radiator !!!.....x

Oh Fran... he looks like he was well spoilt and a very happy boy .... :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

That is a lovely picture of Kenzie. Was there catnip in that stocking? He does seem very keen to get in there! :D

There was a Christmas Craft Fayre in the car park of the pottery this weekend - some really lovely stuff! There was a guy there who made willow baskets. Now I have a willow picnic hamper that Thomas took a shine to. The trouble is there is a bar across the middle and he is finding it increasingly difficult to get in it. Sooo, guess who's having a custom made kitty bed for Christmas? I'd do anything for my little man - he's such a gentleman. :D

I am just SO glad the girls prefer cardboard boxes and Bob has his hammock. :lol:
Fran_ki
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Fran_ki »

Lol , yes Kenzie was very spoilt ;)
Im sure there's must've been a toy with catnip in it right enough lol.
Just as well our 2 new kittens won't be coming till mid January , mind you there's been 3 parcels ordered this week with bits n bobs for them lol . Enough now I think, no more toys , we've only a small house ha ha.
PeanutsFriend
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 8

Post by PeanutsFriend »

I don't decorate for Christmas,cause the cats. But I do give them Christmas morning. Treats. Catnip. And toys. It is a real party in here. What a mess...
Jill
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I do :D

Best Christmas present my cat when i was a teenager got..... well he wasn't exactly 'given' this one, mum had left the turkey to rest...and when me and her went into the kitchen ..Fishface had helped himself to a very large turkey breast.....he was allowed a small piece...and the rest was given ...i think to my boyfriend......still haven't let on, after all these years, gravy hides a multitude of sins... :lol: :lol: :lol: