Need some advice please

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Post Reply
laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 am

Need some advice please

Post by laura1959 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:09 am

one of my cats has been messing on carpet twice last week ,a bit concerned as I am going away and leaving them with a catsitter tomorrow for 5 days,i haven't changed there food ,and though it was on a rug close to bathroom and litter tray cant understand why they are usually so good had them 4 months now and they are around 16months old in fact one is going outside now,any ideas should I be alarmed ??? can I do anything ,feeling very anxious of leaving them now. :(

User avatar
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 pm
No. of cats in household: 9

Re: Need some advice please

Post by Lyn from Australia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:46 pm

This is a bit of a strange one? Could the cat be upset by changes around the house? - perhaps she senses something amiss from your preparations for going away, the pet sitter visiting etc? May be another litter bowl in the area messed upon might help.

laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Need some advice please

Post by laura1959 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Lyn from Australia wrote:This is a bit of a strange one? Could the cat be upset by changes around the house? - perhaps she senses something amiss from your preparations for going away, the pet sitter visiting etc? May be another litter bowl in the area messed upon might help.
I didn't take my suitcase down till after this happened ,the pet sitter visited in October and they got on fine, with her.no other bowls in the litter tray area,i am a bit upset,wondering what I will go home to day it happened Friday and Saturday,but not on sunday, but they did seem a bit stressed last night (sunday).

User avatar
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:36 pm
No. of cats in household: 3
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Need some advice please

Post by nannymcfee » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Do you think they could have an upset tummy, and haven't been able to reach their litter tray in time? you haven't any new christmas plants in the house or anything chritmasssy thats in the house that it could have eaten in the past week?

laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Need some advice please

Post by laura1959 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:45 pm

nannymcfee wrote:Do you think they could have an upset tummy, and haven't been able to reach their litter tray in time? you haven't any new christmas plants in the house or anything chritmasssy thats in the house that it could have eaten in the past week?
no new plants nothing chismassy in there reach ,I just returned on sunday from 5 days away they had a petsitter visiting twice a day to feed change the litter tray and play with both cats ,she texted me every day and though they started out shy they soon where ok,i returned and they where a bit strange at first after returning but soon where after being stroked and round my legs and sitting by me,now fix has a really bad tummy again though she hasn't messed on carpets she has mad a mess in bathroom around and in litter tray and on floor bless her so sorry for herself ,put her on chicken last night but still not very good today too a bit concerned any ideas please??

User avatar
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:36 pm
No. of cats in household: 3
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Need some advice please

Post by nannymcfee » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Is the one with upset tummy the one who goes outside,? might have picked up something, perhaps if they still have upset tum feeding only chicken,and bland foods may be best to take them to vets to be on safe side.

Just water to drink and not milk to keep them hydrated too ....

laura1959
VIP Cat Chatter!
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Need some advice please

Post by laura1959 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:45 pm

nannymcfee wrote:Is the one with upset tummy the one who goes outside,? might have picked up something, perhaps if they still have upset tum feeding only chicken,and bland foods may be best to take them to vets to be on safe side.

Just water to drink and not milk to keep them hydrated too ....
both cats go outside ,but fix still uses the litter box Ouzo doesn't seem to anymore,i left chicken this morning for both of them ,so hopefully when I go home she may be ok ,but will stick to chicken for a few days I always leave water down for them too. I am bit worried ,but not as yet registered with a vet ,though they are insured ,as I have only had them since august. :(

Post Reply