Tabby or Bengal Cross

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
My 2 Boys
Returning Cat Chatter

Tabby or Bengal Cross

Post by My 2 Boys »

Can anyone help me here, someone has just commented to me that my 20 month old tabby 'moggy' is more like a Bengal cross....as a relatively new cat owner I don't even know what a Bengal cross is. He is your average tabby with a white bib, quite high pointed ears and a pretty face. He behaves more like a dog than a cat, he follows me everywhere and will sit outside a neighbour's house when I visit waiting for me to come out, trots along beside us when we walk anywhere and is very affectionate and good natured. I know nothing of his background only that his mum was a tabby too.

How would I know?
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Tabby or Bengal Cross

Post by greenkitty »

It would be impossible to tell unless you had him tested, he sounds like quite a character :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

It's quite feasible, given the amount of entire pedigrees who roam - almost all 'moggies' these days have that interesting soupcon of pedigree blood. If he is, then what you've got is a Toyger!

I knew a Toyger a few years back - she was quite a one. They do tend be rather dictatorial, adventurous and rule the roost generally. You could always google Bengals and Toygers to see if you can match up your boy's characteristics - but many 'moggies' do behave like this - I had a beautiful ginger boy in the 70s/80s who would walk miles with me and my Alsatian.

It can be fun, wondering what your cat's ancestry is - he sounds a love, whatever he is :)
My 2 Boys
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by My 2 Boys »

Thanks for the replies, it really makes no difference but I was just curious. He is lovely and his brother, who is almost identical, lives just along the road with my brother! We bought the last two kitties left as we couldn't bear one to be left behind! They are both very similar in character and personality. I think a lot of it is how you treat them...I always thought cats were aloof and dismissive of their owners (or staff!!), but definitely not so with Finn and Ralph!!

Happy New Year!