Anyone heard of a food called 'The Jaguar"?

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Anyone heard of a food called 'The Jaguar"?

Post by MarkB »

£20 for 3kg, so works out cheaper than Hill's, RC etc, but the ingredients sound much better 80%` deboned chicken for starters. Made me hungry reading the list of ingredients :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N8K6JPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://essentialfoods.eu/selection/jaguar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: Anyone heard of a food called 'The Jaguar"?

Post by Crewella »

Good grief - made me hungry too!! 'Gressingham' duck indeed!! :D
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I will see if they do samples. I could only feed it to Dom and despite being a lump, he is a picky eater. I am fed up with buying food that doesn't get eaten! :)

It is 1.5% phosphorus, which is very high, but I guess, due to the high meat & fish content. I suppose it is then nearest thing to Orijen, but UK made.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

the list of ingredients does look impressive, but why do they have to add all these bits:

Cranberries, Acai, Blueberries, Apple, tomatoes, oranges, pears, Carrot, Spinach, Cauliflower, Marigold, Seaweed, Ginseng, Green Tea, Ginger

:?
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I am sure it is to make it sound appealing to us :)

Although Cranberry sugar is d-mannnose. Not sure if it contains enough to be of any benefit.

Marigold contains lutein - I was discussing this with Sarah recently as coconut oil also contains lutein, whic is supposed to help prevent seizures.

In reality, I'm sure most of those things don't have any benfits, apart from maybe adding some fibre?
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

So far, this food is a complete fail. I have offered it to Domino several times, but he isn't interested. I was hoping he might graze, but no!

I am going to try mixing some with his purina one and increase the amount each time. Not holding out much hope.

I think this will be the last time I try a food without being able to try a sample or 300g bag first! :)
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Oh poo ..... another one bites the dust! :roll:

Domino is obviously really making the most of room service and a regular slave. How's his behaviour coming along?
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

He is getting better, but has his moments. He was really antsy this morning and went for my ankles a few times. Thankfully, he keeps his claws in (most of the time) now :)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn22 ... a56c8b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I didn't post on here about it, but he was at the vets last Monday after fighting over the weekend and getting an infected ear. He needed Convenia and Metacam. I took the photo last night. Pretty much healed up now and just a bit scabby :)
drayton
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by drayton »

I feed my lot this

http://www.edenpetfoods.com/products/ed ... -food.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goes down well with all of them, plus it gives them all a nice shiny coat, they do samples as well.