Brushes

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
judes
Frequent Cat Chatter

Brushes

Post by judes »

Later today I am expecting a new addition to the kitty household.
Queenie is a long haired black and white from the local rescue, as far as is known she
is about 8 years old. After getting a kitten 2 years ago I swore never to get one again!! (A kitten that is)

It is some while since I have had a long haired cat and was wondering what sort of brushes
others were using. I would like to start brushing her as soon as poss so she gets used to the idea
and we can have some one to one time together. I already have her bedroom set up with the usual stuff
so she should be comfortable. Also a good excuse to keep the heating on!!
Thanks
Jude
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Brushes

Post by Marla »

Congratulations on your new kitty!

This is a really nice brush which all of our cats love to be groomed with:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Denman-D6-Shamp ... B000J1AD52" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can get a lot of hair off with this.

For serious grooming of long-haired cats, the Ancol Ergo Cat Comb is brilliant:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ancol-Ergo-Cat- ... B00AE3YO4G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With this comb, you need to do little sections. You can't run it from head to tail or it will snag and annoy the cat.

I don't recommend the furminator brush.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

The small Ball Pin Slicker is a favourite here. Laz loves being brushed with it. Alice, who we lost last year to kidney disease, used to get really excited when she saw it in my hand :) - she would push her face against it. The little balls on the ends of the pins prevent their skin getting scratched.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIKKI-DOG-CAT ... 5afb8fee18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nigel
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Nigel »

MarkB wrote:The small Ball Pin Slicker is a favourite here.
Another vote for this brush here!
judes
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by judes »

Thank you for your ideas, couldn't make my mind up so got a selection!

Queenie has settled in very well, eating, drinking and using the litter tray.
She has decided that the best place to sleep is on my bed, along with Frank and Dingo
they all looked very happy last night. If she's not there than a lap will do nicely, I don't forsee
any problems
Judes
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Catfan5 »

I use a slicker brush too occasionally on our two long haired cats. Two or three times a week I run a Mikki de tangle comb through their fur to keep the matts at bay. One of them hates being groomed and bites the comb/ brush so have to catch her when she's asleep and doesn't care lol!