Worried

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Worried

Post by Joanne_ »

My beautiful cat Erik had not been seen in over 12 hours:( this is unlike him. His day usuallu consists of him been let out at 6.30am he is then home by 8am and then sleeps till mid afternoon around 3ish, goes out for a few hours then comes back and sleeps and then goes back out around 9pm until midnight. He Is kept in all night. Today he went out around 12 and has not been seen since:( sometimes he has done this before but has always been back by 10:( We know he visits a woman as when he has been out all day and come home at 10ish he has smelt of perfume. If he was with her I doubt she would keep him in over night. I just don't know what to do:( it's 2.10am and I have been out shouting for him and rattling biscuits but nothing.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Worried

Post by JulieandBarney »

Hi Joanne,

He may have been sheltering somewhere, it is very windy and has been most of the night in most places, try not to worry too much, it has happened to me before with Barney, he dissapeared for half the day, which was so out of character for him....then strolled in as though nothing had happened..... :roll: , I was in tears at this point ! I'm sure Erik will do the same, please let us know when he returns....x
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

Hopefully he's back home by now? I remember a few years back my Jamie disappeared for nearly 48 hours - I was frantic with worry; not helped that I'd committed to a charity fund raiser that I just couldn't get out of. Needless to say the moment I could leave I did to continue my search for her but no need as there she was - fast asleep on the bed.

If Erik isn't home yet then start by knocking on your neighbour's doors and ask them to check their sheds (or even better if you can check them) and have a look in their gardens. And have a good look in your garden / under hedges as well.

Please keep us posted and fingers crossed he's home
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

He was found run over by a man yesterday:( I feel devastated I cannot even process it. two cats dead in 3 weeks.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Oh Joanne, I am so, so sorry, I can not believe it, you have been through so much these last few weeks, my heart goes out to you, play safely at the Bridge now Erik, amongst all our other loved ones.....xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I second everything Julie has said. I am so very sorry to hear the news. RIP sweet Erik.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Oh Joanne I'm so very sorry - it's what we all dread and I can only imagine how you must feel. (((hugs)))

Rest in Peace lovely Erik. xx
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by meriad »

Joanne, I am so very very sorry - there just aren't words. Sending a big big (((((hug)))))

RIP gorgeous boy, sleep tight and sweet dreams. You'll always be loved and never forgotten x
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Joanne, I'm so very sorry.
chikakat
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by chikakat »

Joanne - I am very sorry to hear your loss
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Hazel »

So sorry for your loss. xxx
Walesgang
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Walesgang »

Oh no.

I am so very sorry to hear this.

RIP Erik xx
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Thank you everyone xxx
sarie
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by sarie »

Oh Joanne I'm so very, very sorry. RIP little Erik xxxxx
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Thanks guys xx
Topcat10
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Topcat10 »

I'm so so sorry to read your devastating news Joanne. Quite simply only we cat people have the ability to feel your heartache and loss.I too have experienced such deep deep sorrow when a moron with an air rifle ended the life of my beautiful old harmless, loving companion of 16 years. This tragedy happened many years ago but I can still ask myself "If Only" eg( If only I had not let her out that morning ect. ) Now 20 years later I've just homed an abandoned old boy, and the 20 years of love that has been suppressed for my departed ER is now being unleashed on TC.
Rest in peace beautiful Erik xx
Keith TCs Dad.