Im learning every day

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Im learning every day

Post by nanny pamy »

I honestly didn't know how clever cats are till I got Theo. He actualy amazes me how he knows words. Last week we got him a huge climbing frame (6ft tall) and at first he was scared of it. (nothing new there with Theo). Well he knows the word *treats* and comes running if I say it. So I put the treat bag on the top shelf of the climbing frame and after a few nervous attempts he jumped up and waited for me to open the pack and sat up there eating them. Now wherever he is in the house if I shout *treats* he runs to his climbing frame and straight to the top shelf. When I say *food time theo* he goes into the kitchen and waits by his bowl. If I say *fuss time* he jumps on the couch next to me. And at bedtime when my husband says *bed time mate* he,s straight into the back room and on *his* special chair. But the best up to now is when we say *give your paw* and he does. The first time he did it I thought it was just coinsidence but he does it every time I ask now. I wish I knew how to put videos on here because we did a video of him this morning giving his paw. The little guy is so special.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Re: Im learning every day

Post by bobbys girl »

Wow, that's amazing! HE responds to YOU. Clever boy.

With my lot it's the other way. I just get a 'look' that means 'human, feed me', or 'you're in my chair', or let me in/out'. My response 'yes sir/ma'am, right away sir/ma'am. They have me trained very well. :lol:
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

That's brilliant !!

I must admit that no one believes me when I say that Barney is taught to "sit" to get his treat, he loves the lik e lix sachets, so when I open one he gets all excited and before I give it him I say "sit"........and he does !!!!.... :D ....Who said that dogs are smarter than cats ?!!!!....not me... :lol:
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Some cats are amazingly intelligent, and it sounds like you've got one of those. My Mo was like that, but I've had several who were, shall we say, much harder of thinking! He sounds a real character, enjoy!