Help advice needed

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
ladymissk
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: Help advice needed

Post by ladymissk »

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would update you on Beryl! She still hasn't gone out of the house...we had a scare a few weeks ago when she dashed out the front door and ran up the road. She's scared of other cats and luckily she didn't see any but it must have scared her as she hasn't tried to get out since!
She seems to have settled in, she isn't best buddies with the other two but she's no where nearly as bothered by them as she was.
Shes had all her boosters, flea treatments, and nails clipped...I love her so much, cant imagine ever being without her...thank you all for your advice x
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

Did you manage to get Beryl back when she dashed off, or did she come back all by herself?, goodness what a worry,

Thank you for the lovely further update on her, and glad she is much more settled ( apart from the one day ! ) and i am sure she loves you as much back as you love her .
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Thanks for updating us. It's good to hear Beryl has settled in so well.
ladymissk wrote:we had a scare a few weeks ago when she dashed out the front door and ran up the road. She's scared of other cats and luckily she didn't see any but it must have scared her as she hasn't tried to get out since!
When she was little Willow had a scare in the road. She's not been near it since! :D
ladymissk
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by ladymissk »

No I had to run up the road and find her!! I think if she had come back herself, I would be more willing to let her out!
I do feel awful still keeping her in, but I just darent take the risk of her not coming back x
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Please don't feel awful keeping her in. You're not 'keeping her' against her will; she's scared of the outdoors, and she has the option to stay in a lovely warm house with her own smells, toys, places to explore and the people who love her. Sounds a no-brainer.

People keep cats as house-cats for all sorts of reasons - in some countries it's compulsory anyway. I know some people say it's 'cruel' because the cat can't do what it's born to do... well if it's a domestic cat then what is it born to do? We don't want all cats to be wild feral creatures hunting for their food at dawn and dusk...

Beryl sounds absolutely lovely, loved and very happy. I hope she has a long, happy, healthy life being lovely, loved and happy. :-)
ladymissk
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by ladymissk »

Thank you all, I'll keep u posted x