ashes lost

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
skriko
New Cat Chatter

ashes lost

Post by skriko »

need some advice,went a got my cats ashes today but could not look at the box until this evening,then i noticed that the cremation date on them was April 4 2014,i took my cat in on April 6 2014.on the 6th when i took my cat it to emergency the vet said it would take two weeks for the cremation then they phoned me on the 9th 3 days later and said that her ashes were ready.my cats passing has destroyed me and now this.what is the best way to handle this.will i ever know what they have given me??? need some solid advice
Hazel
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: ashes lost

Post by Hazel »

Oh dear, that must have been so upsetting. If I were you I would contact the vets (or crematorium if you have their details) and explain - there is probably someone else out there still waiting to get their ashes back and wondering where they are.

If they can't resolve the mix up then why don't you scatter the ashes of the cat you have got back, in remembrance of your cat and trust that whoever did get your cat's ashes will do the same. x
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

A lovely reply, Hazel, and good advice I think. Although it seems like ages since you picked up the ashes it isn't really, and for all you know someone has got yours and would be delighted to do a swap.

If you can't find the right ashes, still have a little ceremony in memory of your beloved cat - her true self is not in those dry ashes, her spirit will always be with you. x
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Willowgill »

I'm so sorry for your loss and the trauma of this mix up which must have been awful. The mix up is unacceptable and I hope the crematorium have apologised and can sort this out - the owner of the ashes you have must be equally upset. It was hard enough picking up the ashes of my boy 3 years ago - if I'd then found out it wasn't him I'd have been even more distraught! You deserve an explanation and an apology!