Momo/Maire is gone

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Momo/Maire is gone

Post by Cussypat1974 »

She was under investigation for possible causes of weightloss. Had been treated for a few possibilities, and blood test were done. Then I found her collapsed, with her rear end paralysed. She had saddle thrombosis and I. Held her as she was euthanised.
The vet said it was her heart that caused the weightloss and the embolism that killed her. Teree are possible treatments, but they never really work and the cat is in agony. So I had her euthanised.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Momo/Maire is gone

Post by Lilith »

Hi, Cussypat - so very sorry to hear.

They are lent to us for such a short time - we know this but it never makes it any better when we have to let them go.

Lots of love and hugs, Lil x
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

So sorry, Catherine. May she rest in peace. xx
Cussypat1974
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Cussypat1974 »

Her time had come I suppose. And she had a very happy life with me. She was my very first feral, and eventually decided to sit on my lap (on my birthday no less!) after about 5 years of running from me as though I was trying to eat her! She lived outside and refused to come in for about 3 years. She developed tremenduous crushes on boy cats..... Her first love, Loubie, was hit by a car at the old house. Then she switched her affections to epileptic Touchlamp, but it was a case of nrequited love as Touchy is highly anti-social. She used to sneak up to snuggle him while he was asleep :-)