Safety collars

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Safety collars

Post by lilynmitz »

I can't find the quick release personalised collars, which I thought you used to be able to get via this site or Purrs in our Hearts. Are they not doing them any more?
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Safety collars

Post by Marla »

Hi lilynmitz,

We make personalised quick-release collars:
http://www.kittycollars.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our website is being updated today to show two types of personalised collars: soft nylon and super reflective.

Marla
Kitty Collars (Cat Chat sponsor)
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by JulieandBarney »

Hi

I only ever use Kittycollars, I have the first line of our address and my mobile phone number on Barneys collar, think for about £10.00, excellent service from them.........
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Thanks Julie. :)
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Great, thanks Marla. I'll be in touch.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

Doh! Just found the link on the "find a shelter" page. I knew I'd seen it somewhere!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Those kitty-collars look great and comfortable for the cat too - I once bought a beautiful flowery 'shabby chic' collar for Emily (before the days of shabby chic, except in our house, where everything's shabby even if it isn't chic lol) and was annoyed to find a nasty raw metal edge to the buckle...needless to say she never wore it. Tags get lost and the lettering on the collar is a much better idea; colours are good too. Pink looks sensational on a ginger - girl of course; lads need something more 'manly' lol. Glad to see bells are optional; the first time I put Emily into a collar she panicked so badly that she ran under the bed and messed herself...I realised it was the bell and have always taken them off since then.
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

I must admit that I never use a bell on Barney either, he can't understand where the noise is coming from and starts walking backwards !! :o

He is currently sporting a canary yellow Kittycollar, which really stands out on his tuxedo coat !!!....x
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

You can tell us that you don't want a bell in the Special Instructions field.

Our cats don't like bells either.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

I can vouch for the Kittycollars too, Noodle has a Loc8tor tag on hers and a couple of years ago she didn't come home as usual, I went out and started calling her and eventually she came back minus her collar, the next day I went to track down the collar and found it caught on some brambles, she'd obviously managed to pull herself free and the collar released, luckily. She's a brown tabby and currently has the reflective emerald green collar which stands out against her fur.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Thanks Julia. :)
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by JulieandBarney »

I must admit our neighbour, who has 3 cats, stopped me yesterday and asked where I got Barneys collar from, as she liked how bold the wording and numbers stood out on his collar against the bright background.....she hadn't heard of Kittycollars....but she has now !! :D
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

If you order it with a bell and it freaks the cat out, can you take the bell off?
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Yes, you can remove the bell.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

We love our collars from Kitty Collars. Wouldn't get them from anywhere else. Ours have a double bell and they don't bother the gang, but it's an individual thing of course. it's quite useful for locating them in the garden in the dark as well as keeping the blackbirds safe when ground feeding. Ours have my mobile number on and one key word to offer essential guidance to anyone who found them (as long as they were still wearing it, of course). Edgar's unsurprisingly has DIABETIC on it, whilst Pepsi's has GERIATRIC (sorry, Pepz) and Lou Lou's is TIMID as though she is confident with us, one ring on the door bell and she races upstairs to hide for hours, so she would be terrified if she got out into a busy area.

Thanks, Marla, we intend to be customers for many years to come!
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Marla »

Thank you so much, Sarah! You made our day! :)
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

I like that idea Sarah!

My lot are indoors these days and only go into the (secured) garden with me about (door's open all the time in fine weather) and so the collar habit's lapsed, but my terrible Molly, having looked at Marla's website, says that SHE would like a camo collar with 'TANK KITTEN - DANGEROUS - DO NOT APPROACH!' on it.

If anyone knows where I can get a tag in the shape of a machine gun or hand grenade it would complete the outfit...little varmint! :lol:
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

So might you be hearing the pitter pattern of furry paws Anna?