Office buddy

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Office buddy

Post by cathyday »

Note to self..... Next time I need to be in a video conference at home remember to close the office door, otherwise a certain young black and white H cat will intervene.....
Attachments
Office cat.JPG
Office cat.JPG (26.6 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Office buddy

Post by Camdengirl »

Awww...did your furry colleague have anything to say during the meeting?!

My friend's Dad used to be self-employed and the insurance company said he needed to provide the name of his company's health and safety officer...he pointed out that there was nobody but him and that he worked from home, but they still insisted he name someone...so he put down the cat's name. The cat was called Montgomery, not sure it would have worked if it was Tiddles or Fluffy...
PandaCookie
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by PandaCookie »

Took Panda to work with me before the vets that is 30 seconds away. Did more work than me, but then that isn't difficult most days.
Attachments
pp.jpg
(53.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Baggypants »

I need a bigger desk most days... and since I took this photo Tortie no.3 has moved in!
Attachments
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG (35.14 KiB) Viewed 5180 times
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by greenkitty »

Haha the black and white puss looks as though it's ready to jump on whatever comes out of the printer!
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

What a lovely thread! Great pictures. Yaay H getting in on the act! When I'm working from home, Lily often waits till I'm on the phone to get up and bring me a toy - accompanied by the most blood curdling, deafening, wailing, which can be difficult to explain to clients.....
KittyKiernan
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by KittyKiernan »

I work from home too (I'm a journalist) and I'd arranged a really important phone call with a TV production company.

I put my foster cat Ted safely upstairs ahead of time (to make sure he didn't do one of his mad victory laps of the living room while I was on the phone).

Right on time, the TV company phoned as arranged. And about 30 seconds later - when I was busy introducing myself and trying to sell them a wonderful idea for a documentary - this mad noise came from upstairs. Worried Ted had hurt himself, I told the TV man to wait a moment and shot upstairs.

And there was Ted - looking proud as punch - having suddenly learnt to 'play' the strings of my boyfriend's guitar...
hgale
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by hgale »

Have any of you seen the really funny video of the cat and the printer with the cat "talking" as paper doesn't come out? Its really good (but there is some juicy language in there too).
Willowgill
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Willowgill »

I also work from home and have so many photos of my lot over the years - these are two of my favourites. When Harry (in the basket) was very ill shortly before he passed away he would come and sit on my knee while I worked just needing to be loved. Alfie loves to get into everywhere - here he is 'helping' file invoices :-)
Attachments
Photo0394.jpg
Photo0394.jpg (171.9 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
H2.JPG
H2.JPG (102.83 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
Shelly and Dora
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Shelly and Dora »

I rarely get the luxury of working from home but I recently sat an external qualification and was given time off for study leave a few days before.....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.72 KiB) Viewed 5112 times
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by lilynmitz »

A few years ago we canvassed our local MP on a neighbourhood issue, and we were all due to meet him in the pub to bend his ear. He rang me in advance for a quick briefing, so there's me, getting all excited talking to a real live prominent MP for the first time. Half way through the conversation Lily did the noisiest and smelliest squitty poo in her tray a few feet away, which shattered my concentration, so I must have sounded like a utter half wit on the phone! Great timing Lil!
cathyday
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by cathyday »

On returning to the office from lunch, I find the keyboard wrist rest I ordered isn't quite what I was expecting.....
Attachments
Wrist rest cat.jpg
Wrist rest cat.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 5082 times
Lyn from Australia
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 9

Post by Lyn from Australia »

Gee, quite a few of us are lucky enough to work from home. I think I'd pine away for my lot if I had to leave them every day - I'm now so used to having their company 24/7. Here is Jagger just emerging from behind the computer after an exhausting morning of bossing me around between naps. "Is it lunch time yet mum?"
Attachments
Jagger
Jagger
April 2014 010 - Copy.JPG (53.29 KiB) Viewed 5075 times