Daz is loving springtime!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Daz is loving springtime!

Post by Crewella »

My Daz is very obviously thrilled that the spring is finally here. He's an outdoorsy cat anyway and does go out right through the winter, but he's out more than in at the moment.

He knows that I don't like going out for long and leaving cats outside and tend to call them in before I go. When I popped out earlier, he wasn't to know that I'd be back shortly, he must have thought I'd be looking for him to get him in before I went. So he hid! Here he is, beautifully camouflaged (poor Daz, he didn't ask to be born white!).

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d154/ ... 040543.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here he is as I go out of the gate, just checking that I'm really gone!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d154/ ... 040545.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect the local wildlife isn't so happy to see him out and about more. At the moment he spends a large proportion of his day with his head down a rabbit hole, patiently wating. It looks like somebody objected, as he came home the other day with several deep scratches on his face - one either side of his nose. I can't help feeling that it serves him right!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d154/ ... 040376.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Re: Daz is loving springtime!

Post by MarkB »

What a boy :D

Glad he's enjoying the spring.

I am also being unsympathetic with Dom. We were at the vet yesterday for the 2nd time with a fight wound - again, caused by a cat trying to defend itself. You should have heard him scream when the vet cauterized the puncture wound! between his paws!
Attachments
dompaw.jpg
dompaw.jpg (13.45 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Ouch, that does look sore! However, you're probably right and he very probably deserved it! :P

Boys will be boys, as they say.

Give him a scritch from me anyway. :D
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

MarkB wrote:I am also being unsympathetic with Dom. We were at the vet yesterday for the 2nd time with a fight wound - again, caused by a cat trying to defend itself. You should have heard him scream when the vet cauterized the puncture wound! between his paws!
Sounds like Gracie and her bum abcesses. You hate to see them suffering but they have no one to blame but themselves. She winds up the others until they can stand no more and whack her on the bum as she runs away. :roll:

Helen, I'm more than a little slow - The penny has just dropped - Daz is white (dur!) A friend had an all white cat, she called Persil. :lol:
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Crewella »

Yep, you got it! He was a filthy yellow tomcat when he was trapped, in dire need of a good wash! :lol:

We did consider Persil, and Omo. OH said he was NOT going to be standing on the back step shouting 'Omo' ...... I kind of saw his point! :D
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

I have always thought Daz was a brilliant cat with his eyebrows, see i am still raising mine as i type!,our Phoebe the little s*d, knows Spring is here, normally it takes her all of one second to come inside and stay under radiator for 14 hours, today will she come in, nope! had her breakfast 2 hours ago and is still outside with the look, 'hahahhhaaa i spy a Great **** and Blue **** box....

Luca on other hand is fast asleep under radiator, so pleased that evil madam isn't giving him the look you stole my place could kill expression, ... :D
Camdengirl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Camdengirl »

Thank you Helen (and Daz) for making me laugh before 9am this morning! What amusing pics of Daz 'hiding'! Reminds me of my old blind lad, Clay, who used to run and 'hide' when the carrier came out...the only problem was, the place he felt safe was...ON my bed! Bless.

I'm glad Daz is enjoying spring time, gorgeous boy. Give him some scritchies from me.
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by greenkitty »

Oh that's so funny, he definitely needs some lessons!