hello again it's the "not knowing" lady..!!

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

hello again it's the "not knowing" lady..!!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Hello again...hopefully some might remember me from the " It's the not knowing " posts after we lost our beloved Bailey nearly 5 months ago...well.....
We now now have 2 beautiful Blue Point Siamese, collected Sunday 22nd..brother & sister, aged 3.5 They were adopted via the Siamese Cat Club Welfare Trust. ( as were Bailey & Abby 11 years ago )
They are called Thomas and Mouse ( name change for her as previously she was called Tito..) We love them dearly and they have settled in remarkably well..They already walk round the house as if they own it ( which of course they do..) They are into everything..The kitchen food waste bin has been raided even when the handle is locked and Mouse can get the top off a Lurpak butter carton.!! Every morning one of them is looking a bit guilty.
They are very good at night and don't cry..
Some of my neighbours have been in to see them and they are now spoilt for toys..
Will try and put some pictures up when I can get them to stay still enough for them not to be blurry..
(the photos not the cats..!)

Signing off a very happy complete household now...

Sue G
x
JulieandBarney
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: hello again it's the "not knowing" lady..!!

Post by JulieandBarney »

So so pleased to hear this ... :D

Welcome Thomas and Mouse !

Looking forward to hearing of all their antics....and photos too of course !!! :lol:

Great News all round ....xx
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Sue,

really pleased to hear the news :D . Looking forward to seeing pics of Thomas and Mouse.

Funny that - I call my Thomas 'Tommy Mouse'.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

What a lovely post, and wonderful to see you have taken 2 cats in after your heartache.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

I was really pleased to see this too. Congrats on your new adoptees, I hope you are all very happy together. :)
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

OMG...Am I red faced...The little girl is actually a boy and really not so little.

I had a funny feeling last week that their nether regions were the same but thought can't be, they have lived as boy and girl with previous owner for almost a year..!!
So just goes to prove..go with your first instinct.
We still love them...Have now ordered another blue "kittycollar" before Mouse gets gender dysmorphia from wearing a pink collar..!!
Mouse is a little bigger than Thomas and certainly more vocal, although Thomas is much more affectionate..he will sit on your lap or cuddle you round the neck and scent mark your glasses, nose and face..bless.
Mouse will sit down beside you but rarely sits on your lap. They both purr like trains..
They have settled down so well..( except last night when Mouse cried from 2am onwards, I suspect they wanted to get into the bedroom but OH has put his foot down.((soon put stop to that..!!))
They have a vet appointment tomorrow when I will register them with the practice and get a quick once over and also get chip scanned as I have little or no info on them.
I now have to phone all the neighbours and tell them that we have 2 boys...how embarrassing.

You have to larf....!!!
Love
Sue, Thomas and Mouse.

I did try and post photo but as usual it comes up as file too big..such a pain..I'll have to do Photoshop I think. Unless someone can tell me all about photobucket?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Congrats on the lads!

My first Siamese was a blue point; they're gorgeous aren't they?

I have that gender trouble with snakes - you can't always be sure, but their bits are tucked away and they have to be examined by an expert which you don't want to have to do unless absolutely necessary, stress for the snake...a male snake's errm is forked like its tongue so that he has two errrm, I kid you not! It's actually because, when mating, the female can twine her tail in two directions, so the lad has to be prepared, so to speak.

Not many people know that!

Ah I have the same trouble with pics. Photobucket I call a rhyming slang name that would get me banned by the mods :lol:

Again congrats!
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

Don't worry - it's easily done, especially if you've been told one thing and have no real reason to doubt it! I took a neutered cat in for castration last week ..... :oops:

I post a few pics and trying to resize every time drives me nuts, so I use Photobucket (which is free) and just post a link, like this:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d154/ ... 040528.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's really easy. Go to photobucket and upload a pic. If you go into your 'library' and hover over your image you get a 'share links' option, click on it and choose 'direct link'. Hope that helps.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by lilynmitz »

Thanks for the photobucket tips Helen!

Hope the boys are settling in Sue!
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Hi all,
Vet confirmed that that my suspicions were correct and we have 2 delightful boys...
You wouldn't believe the racket they put up in the car on the way ( only 3 or 4 minutes up the road to the vets ) Really deafening howls ..poor babies.
If you want a quite life DON'T have a Siamese..!!

Another surprise....NO MICROCHIPS..!!!

Had them chipped today as no point bringing them back again. Just got to register them on line now. Mouse has a little bit of conjuctivitis which could be caused by stress and Thomas has some dental problems..Some poor teeth at the back with sore gums. I have some gel to put on the gums twice a day...that should be fun to do..!!!
Otherwise they are all OK but no further forward in information on them. Vet asked if I could get their previous vets details and maybe their records can be emailed over..but the person we got them from said she was told they were chipped etc so she doesn't think that anyone in Manchester aunts family is telling the truth or even if they ever went to a vet, so she is sooo pleased she rescued them and we have them now. She's gobsmacked that they are two boys ...lol

Hopefully she will come over and see how they have settled in..she's such a nice woman and obviously loved them but couldn't give them the attention they deserved. She say's they are well out of their old environment and glad she took them on even if it was for less than a year.

Don't even know who the breeder was. They seem to be true blue point Siamese so should have had some pedigree information when they were homed as kittens.?

They have relaxed well after being in the basket and the vets..I thought I might have put their progress back a bit but after a couple of Dreamies treats all is sweetness and light again.
At the moment they are basking in a sunbeam on the landing..bless 'em.

Will post pictures when I can fathom out how to reduce the kb size..!!

Sue
Thomas & Mouse.
xxx
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Hopefully a pic of Thomas and Mouse on favorite footstool...

No didn't work..blast
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Hi Sue,

I find picresize is a good site. You can choose the size of your photo AND the kb size - 256kb - I think. :? Works for me. Looking forward to the photos, good luck!
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Here goes again picture hopefully downloads..!!
Attachments
Thomas and Mouse 195 modified.jpg
Thomas and Mouse 195 modified.jpg (124.69 KiB) Viewed 3622 times
Sue Goddard
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Sue Goddard »

Ta dah..it worked !! so will have to post other pics now.

btw Mouse now has blue collar now his gender is established.Didn't want him getting a complex.
Attachments
Thomas and Mouse 194 modified.jpg
Thomas and Mouse 194 modified.jpg (117.65 KiB) Viewed 3622 times
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

wonderful pics and well worth waiting for
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by bobbys girl »

Oooh lovely! Two very handsome and contented cats. :D