Sainsbury's Premium(ish) food 1/2 price

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Sainsbury's Premium(ish) food 1/2 price

Post by MarkB »

They have the 1kg bags 1/2 price, down to £1

The chicken version contains 26% chicken (a higher content than things like Purina One) but it does contains cereals.

There is also a Salmon version, but it doesn't look as good. The first ingredient is Cereals, It has various fish with 4% salmon.

Good if people are on a tight budget and a lot better than things like Go-Cat, Whiskas Dry, Supermarket own basic! :)

They also have their own brand pouches, mixed poultry flavours on offer for £1.75 a box.
Alice
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Sainsbury's Premium(ish) food 1/2 price

Post by Alice »

Thanks Mark
I don't normally shop there, but we've a large branch here, so I'll get both the dry and the pouches for a change.

At the moment both the Aldi and Lidl foil trays, pate type, are going down very well - ingredients seem OK and only 20p each.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by nannymcfee »

thanks Mark, always keep some just in case someone in need requires them, was going to pop into Sainsburys as from the 11th April you won't get as many Nectar points ,1 for each £, although it will still be worth £2.50 per 500 collected.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

nannymcfee wrote:was going to pop into Sainsburys as from the 11th April you won't get as many Nectar points ,1 for each £, although it will still be worth £2.50 per 500 collected.
Yeh, £350.00 for a 'free' coffee. :lol:
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

I don't shop in there much anyway. I normally buy a few things I can't get in Tesco there, ie Outdoor reared pork tenderloin, Gooseberry Fool and Scan Swedish Meatballs :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

You sound a real foodie Mark. :) I used to shop at Tesco - then they 'updated' our (new) store and stopped selling the goodies I went in for - they failed the sushi ginger test. :lol:
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Markb my cat will only eat Go cat. Ive tried for over a year to get him to eat something different but he will actually go without food rather than eat anything else. He does have a tin of gourmet gold every night too but even with that he will only eat the turkey pate. Is there something bad with Go cat food??
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by MarkB »

Bibby's girl - Not really a foodie, but as they say, 'I know what I like' :D

Nanny Pamy - My issue with foods like Go-Cat is that they contain a very high % of cereals and very little meat - also artificial colourings. I have heard of foods like that being refered to as McDonalds for cats. Not good for them, but they love it :)

Have yo tried mixing another food in with Go-Cat and gradually increasing th amount of the new foods?

I have been called a cat food fascist and snob. It isn't true - I just want cats to eat a healthy diet that will keep them healthy in the long term. I know some people are on a tight budget, but there are other foods that cost little more than Go-Cat, but with much better ingredients :)

I avoid any food that contain wheat as so many cats have issues with it.
nanny pamy
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nanny pamy »

Yes I tried putting Iams in with his Go cat and another more expensive one (can't remember the name) but he wouldn't touch it. He just sniffed it and walked away. He does love his gourmet pate so I wonder should I give him that twice a day instead of the Go cat. Its funny because my daughters cat will eat anything at all. Fish ,chicken, even yogurt but mine never touches anything else.