Cats sleep in the most silly places

For all your feline miscellany - any interesting stories, news or subjects that do not fit in the other sections.
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Cats sleep in the most silly places

Post by nannymcfee »

It was quite dark in the room and Phoebe was not in her usual spot,...never thought of looking in my new mixing bowl !

don't think i will get 5* rating for hygiene :lol:
Attachments
Phoebe mixing bowl 11.JPG
Phoebe mixing bowl 11.JPG (51.69 KiB) Viewed 1873 times
Baggypants
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Cats sleep in the most silly places

Post by Baggypants »

Purr-fect size!! :lol:
nannymcfee
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by nannymcfee »

It was the largest mixing bowl i could find, as been asked to cater puddings for 150 guests and make all rustic cakes including 'naked' wedding cakes, looks like i will have to buy another and try and fit it in a cupboard ! out of paws way :D

Yep Phoebe just fits in it,! after 2 years here,she doesn't quite look like a stray :D
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

LOL! Typical!

One of my Siamese used to sleep in a frying pan. Her proper name was Majdhar but her nickname was Gibbon (every meal was a case of a little Gibbon take) and she was never far from the scene of food preparation (for my next trick I'm going to put this bacon into this sandwich without my Gibbon taking it out!)

The cooker was one of those very ancient ones with the pilot light, and the frying pan was left on the hob (no close-down lids in those days.) It was a nice warm vantage point for a food-focused Gibbon. Anyone who's experienced an un-neutered tom will know that they can have a sebaceous greasy discharge known as 'stud tail' - well, the Gibbon ended up with a severe case of 'frying pan tail' lol. (She was NOT allowed near the cooker when cooking went on, mind - she sat on my shoulders, cawing angrily and treading painfully on my hair.)

I once heard of a Siamese who liked to roost right on top of an equally old fashioned cooker, with the eye level grill, with the air vents on the the top. Trouble was, this cat was prone to vomiting, and the sick ran through the air vents into the...well, you get the picture...

As the person who told me said, the owners never had grilled food for years. 'Well you wouldn't, would you?'

Nothing's changed. The other day I bought a griddle pan. The minute I put it down, my naughty Molly climbed into it and settled, smiling :lol:
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

With mine it's the airing cupboard, especially if there is a pile of clean laundry in there. :roll:

Gracie likes to snuggle into the INSIDE of the sofa. It's a recliner (that we have never dared to open) She has a nest in there. But she's so fat that it is getting a struggle to get in. You'll be sitting on the sofa and there is a lot of 'boinging' going on underneath you. :shock: :lol:

Purdy likes to sleep on daddy's head - like a Davy Crocket hat. He says he doesn't mind, but her tail tickles.
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by Crewella »

You have to admit it's a perfect fit!! :lol:

She's a very pretty girl - I love her 'freckles'!